What the difference a good helmet makes

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday I purchased a Shoei RF 1000. Today I used it when I rode into work. First of all the ventilation is excellent. The wind noise under 80 mph is good. Over 80 mph is not that bad. The helmet is very light. Also, at speeds over 80 mph there is little head “bobblingâ€￾. I am really impressed with this helmet. I am glad that I took my Wife’s $300 and bought this helmet.

Shoei Helmets rock...
super.gif

You should have spent another $100 and bought an Arai. I am on me second........ and its great, a lil noisy at times but still dayum good.

At the end of the day, you ain't got but one head !!

You're gonna need that helmet when she finds out you 'borrowed' the cash...
bomb.gif

yup.. seems like 90% of that extra money is the ventilation.. err. . maybe 5% of that extra money is ventilation.. the other 95% is the name on the sticker..

but hey,, I gots a shoei, HJC, and a AGV now.. the AGV is best value for the money, but also the most poorly ventilated.. the shoei is the best ventilation, and the HJC is just a good all around helmet at a good price..

HJC/Shoei are pretty even with the shoei pulling ahead just a touch for the superior ventilation

BTW.. all three have the same safety ratings.. SNELL2000, & of course DOT.

yup.. seems like 90% of that extra money is the ventilation.. err. . maybe 5% of that extra money is ventilation.. the other 95% is the name on the sticker..

but hey,, I gots a shoei, HJC, and a AGV now..  the AGV is best value for the money, but also the most poorly ventilated.. the shoei is the best ventilation, and the HJC is just a good all around helmet at a good price..

HJC/Shoei are pretty even with the shoei pulling ahead just a touch for the superior ventilation

BTW.. all three have the same safety ratings.. SNELL2000, & of course DOT.
Actually after taxes I paid $314 and some change. I was looking at the HJC AC-11. I like the way it fit. It was nice and snugg. The dealer wanted $217. However since I have an HJC CS something. I wanted to try something different so I paid an extra $100 for the Shoei. No regrets :-)

my uncle just gave a Shoei but it is brilliant white... How difficult is it to paint? Congrats on the helmet!

I've got a couple of helmets, dending on how far I'm travelling or what I'm doing....

Prefer my ARAI though....

Will post some pics later....need to clean them first...lol

I've got a couple of helmets, dending on how far I'm travelling or what I'm doing....
exactly..

if it's not extermely hot out I wear the agv,, if it's really hot the shoei gets the bid.. long trips the HJC get it partly because I have the clear, and tinted screens.. and partly because if it gets cold you really get cold in the shoei because even with the vents closed it's still let alot of cold air in.. unlike the hjc.

Have a Shoei and a HJC and like them both, but the Shoei gets the nod.

Back