What tankbag is best for a "Busa"

mikeman

Registered
It must:
Have a large map holder.
It must be able to carry 2 Venti ice coffees from Starbucks.
It need to be comfortable so as to be used as a pillow to rest my head on long highway rides.
It must look stylin like the "Busa".
Got any pictures of something that fits my needs?

If anyone wants a Bagster setup...please contact me!
You must also be willing to use the blue/Silver combo!
I have everything you need in excellent condition.
:beerchug:

:welcome: to the org. MikeMan.

search is your friend, but i will be too. :laugh:
Bagster
bagster makes some of the nicest tank bags out there.
i use a $35 amazon special, works for me. even if the hail broke the heck out of the map pocket.
:poke: you want to put coffee in your tank bag? :rofl: your gonna burn your :moon:
sounds silly to me, but go for it. :laugh:

Ask 5 people this question, you will get 5 different answers.

1st narrow it down by strapped or magnetic. I hate straps so that's out. Never get the tight enough, and the clips all break after about a year of use.

Magnetic is great option, on it goes. Arrive and off it goes. Easy.

A bunch of us have the Bagster, myself included. Not cheap but they look and work great!

Huff_4_900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, what bag is that in the first picture?

Ask 5 people this question, you will get 5 different answers.

1st narrow it down by strapped or magnetic. I hate straps so that's out. Never get the tight enough, and the clips all break after about a year of use.

Magnetic is great option, on it goes. Arrive and off it goes. Easy.

View attachment 203384

A bunch of us have the Bagster, myself included. Not cheap but they look and work great!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

O Holy P, is the Recon 19 wide enough to fit std manilla folders? went to the site and says 10" wide but the picture seems to indicate that not all 10" width is usable. I require a bag that will carry several file folders and a book (or two). Tks

It should fit no problem as long as you don't have the side pockets loaded with stuff. You could still put some things in there but not *packed* in there. Pic below shows a book that is 8.5x11 and it went in with no problem. I keep one of the backpack straps in the side and a Glock 9mm in the other side. :whistle: I don't think you'd have an issue.

IMG_1492.jpg

It must:
Have a large map holder.
It must be able to carry 2 Venti ice coffees from Starbucks.
It need to be comfortable so as to be used as a pillow to rest my head on long highway rides.
It must look stylin like the "Busa".
Got any pictures of something that fits my needs?

IMG_1890.jpg

What the hell is a map :poke:

IMG_0279.jpg

love my sport tech-bags connection bags. They have the locking ring on the fuel cap so they never touch the paint, and pop off in a second. So far i have the daypack2-wee small, engage-medium sized-perfect for wallet, phone, and smaller items, and the engage sport which is quite big and will hold a lot-also has a large map pocket on the front. So far i love this bag, will hold a 6 pack of beer and more no problem:laugh:. Pretty pricey, but i think it's well worth it. Here are a few shots the the engage and engage sport on my busa. The engage sport is the bigger one and my favorite so far

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Does the Engage touch your handlebars when you turn?
It looks like you have an interior step down that might fit 2 large ICE coffees
right.

If you go with the Cortech Tribag tankbag you will actually get two bags in one. I have the magnetic set up. The magnetic base has zippers where you can attach the larger bag or the smaller bag depending on your daily needs. The large bags works great for longer trips and the smaller bag (which is even expandable) is great for daily needs. The set up is actually designed to stak the small bag on top of the larger bag at the same time, but in this configuration it is impossible to see any of the gages.

Cortech Tribag Magnetic Tank Bag - Read Reviews and Buy

Cortech Tank Bag 046.jpg

Cortech Tank Bag 051.jpg

nope, neither the engage or the engage sport touch my handlebars when at full lock. I'm sure the engage would fit these 2 ice coffees u speak of

Back