What system do you use?

gsx1300rr

Registered
What security system (if any) do you guys use to protect your heavily invested busa? I was looking into LoJack but they only support autos in the State of MI, not bikes!! I've had a Hayabusa stolen right out of my locked garage before out in the country, and it was the worst feeling ever. With all that I have into this one, I am constantly worried about this one being taken. I carry a heavy duty 10mm disc lock w/ siren, but thats not enough. I want to track it if its stolen. One of the features I liked about LoJack were the instant texts/automated phone call if the bike is moved. Has anyone had experience with this company? Guidepoint Vehicle Security Systems for Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Online Vehicle Tracking and Convenience Services or similar tracking units?

580631_4837835158028_203194930_n.jpg

580631_4837835158028_203194930_n.jpg

I like the way you think! but my CPL only helps me when i'm there :laugh: Do you recall what system it was dadofthree?

Basically, I have a Xena Disc lock with the Siren. Mostly, I just use common sence and try to park it where, if the Siren goes off, people will notice. If they want it bad enough, they'll take it. I just try not to leave it anywhere (Especially the Turbo Bike).

When I'm not there, I use this.. :laugh:

Geesh, i'm glad I don't insure you! lol j/k. Rocketmn, thats the same one I have. I figure the Xena creates enough of a hassle that hopefully a thief will pass onto the next "easy target". I'm want to go beyond that though incase there is a low life that REALLY wants it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did an advance search on phone and alarm and came up empty. Someone else might do better, but the guy bought a track phone and wired the charger to the battery and hid the thing. I believe he had the GPS turned on and basically tracked the phone in case of theft. I might have it wrong but it was cheap and good.

check out some of the scorpio alarms, I use an older scorpio with some cool features, it disables starting, sounds when people get to close, etc., some of the newer ones have the gps in them, use it with your smart phone, SR-i1100 is the model looks pretty cool.

If Man Invented It (Lojack engineers) Man will beat it (Theif)
Ive found these 3 things have been successful in many years of not having anything stolen.

Buy full coverage insurance bring reciepts and sleep well at night without wondering if your phone is going to text you with "Good Bye Its Gone"

And how is this posted in the Turbo section? Really :dunno:

State_Farm_Motorcycle_Insurance.png

American Bulldog.jpg

SpringfieldXD40CompactESS-CA-4.jpg

I did an advance search on phone and alarm and came up empty. Someone else might do better, but the guy bought a track phone and wired the charger to the battery and hid the thing. I believe he had the GPS turned on and basically tracked the phone in case of theft. I might have it wrong but it was cheap and good.

Here ya go Champ... Keywords Celluar Phone Car Alarm

If I was worried about getting anything stolen I would make my own.

How to Make a Smart Car Surveillance System Using a Mobile Phone

Gnbrett showed me a nice system in another thread- Find it Now USA has a pretty nice unit for $499.00, sends you a text whenever your bike is moved. Also, you can track it live on a laptop/smart phone anytime. The tracker can last up to 11 days if someone disconnects the battery too. Lankeyankee, even with full coverage you can go through a ton of crap depending on your insurance company's claims handling practices. Just showing receipts, doesn't always work as well as anticipated as I found out when my Gen I busa was stolen. I posted this in the turbo section because of how heavily invested we are in our bikes. I know i'd rather recover what was mine then start all over.

if three determined guys carry it to a van that is what will happen...lock it up...lock your garage door...keep it in eye sight when you are out and about...at the track have extra eyes on it if you have to go eat or step away for a few minutes.

safe bike.png

Back