What sparked your love for two wheels

memorex

Registered
Mine was my first schwinn. It was a stingray fastback 5 speed. Blue metal flake 1966 stingray.jpg

1966 stingray.jpg

My mom and dad ran a BMX track when we where kids and that is what got my brother and i started riding and racing bicycles and then motorcycles.

I had the old school stingray with the 2 speed rear axle... the 5 speed was the new bike.. never got one of those.. my first one never died and was stolen at least 3 times..

I think the briggs mini bike is what hooked me on 2 wheels however.. figured out how to bypass the rpm governor and I was gone..

Had to hunt for a pic.
This is it, wasn't my bike. He let me take it around the block, loved it. Then my neighbor was riding it around the hood guess a fuel line broke an it caught on fire while he was riding it. the passengers hair caught on fire cause she was on the back, she did the old "bail, stop, drop, an roll.:laugh: And he kept on riding it still a blaze for another block an rode it off an embankment into a lake to put it out. After seeing all the fun they were having on this thing I been a motorcycle lover. the three of us were laughing about this for many months. No real injuries, the girl's parents were a little pissed an curious about what exactly happened to their daughters hair.:rofl: ps He fished that thing out of the lake an had it running again in a couple of days an then the fun started all over again.:thumbsup:

honda trail bike.jpg

Had to hunt for a pic.
This is it, wasn't my bike. He let me take it around the block, loved it. Then my neighbor was riding it around the hood guess a fuel line broke an it caught on fire while he was riding it. the passengers hair caught on fire cause she was on the back, she did the old "bail, stop, drop, an roll.:laugh: And he kept on riding it still a blaze for another block an rode it off an embankment into a lake to put it out. After seeing all the fun they were having on this thing I been a motorcycle lover. the three of us were laughing about this for many months. No real injuries, the girl's parents were a little pissed an curious about what exactly happened to their daughters hair.:rofl: ps He fished that thing out of the lake an had it running again in a couple of days an then the fun started all over again.:thumbsup:

OMG.. the first post on here that LITERALLY MADE ME SPIT MILK THROUGH MY NOSE!!!

I am (was) eating capn crunch.. oh man that killed me!

I LOLED!!:lol:

oh sorry, mine was an xr80... I rode a four wheeler at the cabin ALL weekend.. then the last hour I worked the clutch on an xr80 for the first time and fell in LOVE.. I was about 11

My 1990 Honda CR80. Man I loved that bike. I was 13 years old when I got it. After 10 years of riding nothing, I rode a friends Ninja 600. Been hooked ever since.

growing up, we used to bike about 50 miles a week. Once I turned 16, I really wanted a motorcycle, but it took another 10 years before I had one. I took a spin on a friends 1980s era honda enduro...whithin a week, the Katana was mine.

trek970 007.jpg

Last edited:
My parents told me I couldn't have a motorcycle. I wanted one BAD from that day forward. :poke:

A monoshock Huffy, that lead to a BMX, that led to a 250yz, that lead to a 400yz.......and yes, my brother had a Yamaha somethingoranother, and I got the ride of my life...... :super: All he said was "Hang on, and if you don't Mom's gonna kill us both !!!!!" :oldcool:

Always rode bikes (bicycles to be specific) since I was maybe 6 or 7 bmx all that fun stuff always loved anything on wheels.:beerchug:

oh yeah. I moved from riding a friends honda 90 into a tree to a suzuki rm80 that I had for one summer. That was until my aunt seen me going as fast as I could and grabbing some air.:whistle:

Back