What should the new busa be like? your opinions

Realisitcally:

I'd like to see at least 200 hp from the 1300cc we already have.  Hell, a 1000cc bike has 180 hp now, so you'd think the factory could use the 1000cc technology on the 1300cc variant and get at least 200 hp at the wheel.

Digital gauges and a shift light would be nice, but I don't wanna lose any of the current indicators.

Move front signals to mirrors.

HID headlights and LED tails would be nice.

How about a triple clamp I don't have to replace, and an undtertail where I can just remove the fender with a couple screws instead of a hacksaw.

Don't change the look drastically, keep that sexy body, it still has to be recognizably a Hayabusa, not a GSXR.

It can't get any heavier.  I don't mind the weight now, but no more.

Work on the brakes a little.

I would think they could do most of this with hardly any increase in cost to us.  Seems fair.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151710650 -->

personally i want a gsxr 1000 with a 1500cc engine in it.I mean same weight,looks and handling but a 1500 cc engine in there.It might cost a bit more but im sure its not impossible

anyone remeber the raptors & rockets picture of there version of the new Busa? (said artist rendition on it) I really likes the look. make it a true 1400 with new tech. up-grade the insterment cluster, drop some weight. I'll see if i can find that picture, i really liked it.

What I think will likely happen:

1.) New engine, 1400cc's tuned MILDLY at around 185-190hp
2.) Radial brakes...duh, and also better stock pads.
3.) Looks will not change much due to it's airodynamic shape, however all of the bulbous curves will be done away with with up to date angular lines. POssibly better stock wind protection as well.
4.) Bike will lose about 35 lbs
5.) Updated instrument cluster
6.) Better stock suspension with stiffer fork springs and a stiffer shock. It will also have a top triple that allows the forks to slide through for lowering. Possibly even adjustable rear bones, though I doubt that one.
7.) Radial master cylinder.
8.) LED brake light and turn signals.
9.) Turn signals integrated in to the mirrors...possibly. I would like to see this with a HUGE gaping maw in the front for even more RAM air. Minimally they will seal the air box better I think.
10.) Engine immobilizer to keep with the Jones'...aka the 13.5.

Although we would like to see some sweet updates such as HID, keep in mind that even if they COMPLETELY redesign it, they will still want it to sell...and that would mean keeping the price under 12k.

And although I would LOVE the thing to be 200hp stock...it just won't happen. If they were to hit 200hp...it would be the whole 200mph thing again with people being up in arms about it being TOO powerful. However just like the current platform...the new one will be EASILY modified to go over 200hp.

I hope they com out with someshed like this...for real...
rock.gif

1060938260.jpg

Back