What should the new busa be like? your opinions

umairhashmi

Registered
Okay now that even a fellow member on this board is saying that his new zx14 is faster than his busa its time to get REAL.Lets face it people.As nice as the busa is its also OLD.8 yrs old that is.If you could design the new busa what SHOULD it be like.Personally id want a bike that has little changes to the looks but a MUCH bigger engines.Something like a GSX1600R. Make a few changes to the bodywork,Add in a digital speedometer and gauges to make it look more futuristic and you have a bike with much more speed and curb appeal than the Zx14.

I dunno about a 1600, but just making the 1300 more efficient. I think what most people are gonna say is "lighter and faster"... lighter to improve handling and faster cause... well... we like going fast... if we didn't we wouldn't be on a sport bike to begin with
tounge.gif

I dunno about a 1600, but just making the 1300 more efficient. I think what most people are gonna say is "lighter and faster"... lighter to improve handling and faster cause... well... we like going fast... if we didn't we wouldn't be on a sport bike to begin with
tounge.gif
Im pretty much willing to bet that suzuki will NOT make minor changes.They know that their flagship motorcycle is at risk so they will make drastic changes.How much depends on on their engineers.But im sure it would be more than 1400ccs at least.

Personally I would like to see a true 200hp at the rear wheel, how ever suzuki wants to do that is fine by me. Try to lighten it up a bit and for the looks, I dont know if the looks can get any better!
Also get some new rear sets, the stock ones need a face lift!

The new Gixxer 600s have adj rearset stock. I think we need those. I think asthetically the bike should stay about the same except HID and LEDs. They should make it a 1400cc or better and do the things that we all do anyway. Metal fan, move the temp sensor. I am happy with the dash. I for one like having a fuel gauge.

Other than power, there is not a lot I would change. The Busa is a sport touring bike. I am afraid if they change it too much, it will just turn into a GSXR1400 and it will lose that which makes it elite.

JMHO

Don

Not going to happen....

They have to create new bike and rename it  as well.

ZX11 - discontinued
Black Bird - discontinued
ZX12 - discontinued
Busa -
rock.gif
?

See the pattern here?
Once champion lost his title - gone. Time for the new one..

And honestly it`s just fine with me... Newer almost always better.
Let`s face it.. ZX14 not too bad at all.
Better instrument cluster, bigger and very smooth engine, immobilizer, much better tranny IMO.
Aftermarket jumped on it already and soon shidload of upgrades would be ready.

and BTW... I`m keeping mine...Busa
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151645992 -->

what ever they do, I hope they make upgraded one like the current model...its been last 8 years long now...
rock.gif

I think they will definitely come around the 200hp range. They can just make it a 1397. That is easy to do anyway. I really hope that the looks stay the same. I mean how can they change the looks that much without effecting aerodynamics? It is the most aerodynamic motorcycle ever. I wouldn't mind a gear position indicator
smile.gif

Lighter, faster, and an updated instrument cluster... other than that.... change nothing.......

Not going to happen....

ZX11 - discontinued
ZX12 - discontinued
Busa -
rock.gif
?

See the pattern here?

Better instrument cluster, bigger and very smooth engine, immobilizer, much better tranny IMO.

smile.gif
Very good points.. The only difference between the ZX-11, Blackbird and ZX-12 and the Hayabusa are two things..

1. The "Busa" Brand name is significant because of the impact it made on the industry in 1999. Suzuki will probably hold on to that.

2. The Hayabusa has a huge aftermarket. More incentive to keep the Busa in the product line.

My guess on what they will do..

Engine upgrade... I was reading the current hayabusa motor was a modified GSXR1100 engine upgraded to 1300cc's. The major focus of the first design centered around the chassis and the aerodynamics of the bike, fairing design, RAM air intake..etc. I think a state of the art motor will be coming as well as a design tweak here and there to give it a more modern look.

Good topic.. I'm curious to see what others think..

Thanks..

Ray
aka rtvegas

This is So easy...

Loose 50 lbs, (Ambitious but possible)

Gain about 30 HP, 30FTlbs of torque

replace the brakes with something that doesn't suck.

Refine the shape while still maintaining the Busa Look, and go ahead and improve stock fairing protection a little bit. Top speed wars are over, lets improve on that which was compromised to go 200MPH.... Just a little mind you.

What will Suzuki do? Being the drunken rejects that they are? Will prolly make it look like just another fuggin GSXR, it will gain 3HP and 22LBS.
tounge.gif

In simpliest of terms....it should be so much of a BEAST that it takes the title (although I still haven't seen proof that it has been taken away) and retains the title for another 8 years w/o having to do any major upgrades....just like the first time.

Not going to happen....

They have to create new bike and rename it as well.

ZX11 - discontinued
ZX12 - discontinued
Busa -
rock.gif
?

See the pattern here?

smile.gif
I disagree, Suzuki shows a pattern of holding on till the bitter end. I don't think the Busa has LOST anything in any catagory that matters. At least not yet because there simply aren't that many 14s out there. The Busa is much more of an icon than any of the bikes you listed. It's pretty much become the one that everyone recognizes.

So, while the others went the way of the Dodo, the hayabusa with it's legions of fans, strong sales, and continued success as an Image leader for the brand is a shoe in for a mild freshening and upgrading.

Hell Suzuki could simply put a mild big bore on the current model and it would keep it on top...

So yeah Vic, I disagree but we will be finding out soon enough. Suzuki likes to stomp on the competition RIGHT when they release their NEWEST and best, it's something that makes them giggle... So, I'd kinda expect to see a better Busa next year that steam rolls kawi.

Besides, of the models you listed the Kawi's are still Ninjas, and were all evolutionary responses to competition the CBR11000 and the Busa. The Honda blackbird then faded due to poor sales and the release of the Busa.

I don't see Suzuki discontinuing the name or the Bike, the Busa is the reason we had the ZX12 and the ZX14 now. So it wouldn't make sense for Suzuki to pull the plug, not with the success, the reputation, and the recognition it has.

As for the ZX14 Beating the Busa... Dude, remember the Zx12 was a "BUSAKILLER" as well and it turned out to be yet another "Kawi Pie" and from the looks of the Newest Ugly? The ZX14 is going to go the same way even if the Busa is discontinued...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151683169 -->

GSXR1000 technology in the 1300 size. If they go 1400 for the marketing aspect because of the cow, so be it. Keep it big and comfy. Adjusable rear sets and bar height from the factory. Nothing major, or the aftermarket will take years to respond.

We have to remember that there are so many things about the busa that make it an icon. The look, the hayabusa name, the speed, the shape, the "1300cc" title. To change any one of these would obviously take away from the legacy that is being created. If ANYTHING were to change it would be more power from the exact same package, weight savings, different tranny, etc. Some changes other than cosmetic so that when you want to buy aftermarket you are buying for the 99-XX hayabusa not 99-06 and 07-XX. And I have to agree with Rev, nothing has been "officially" taken over by the Kaw. Everything at this point is hype. The 14 was released how long ago and dealers are just now starting to role them through their doors? It's been a rocky start for the 14 and will be a long trecherous raod to dethrone the Busa.

Good luck Kawasaki

Not going to happen....

ZX11 - discontinued
ZX12 - discontinued
Busa -
rock.gif
?

See the pattern here?

smile.gif
I disagree, Suzuki shows a pattern of holding on till the bitter end.  I don't think the Busa has LOST anything in any catagory that matters.  At least not yet because there simply aren't that many 14s out there.  The Busa is much more of an icon than any of the bikes you listed.  It's pretty much become the one that everyone recognizes.  

So, while the others went the way of the Dodo, the hayabusa with it's legions of fans, strong sales, and continued success as an Image leader for the brand is a shoe in for a mild freshening and upgrading.  

Hell Suzuki could simply put a mild big bore on the current model and it would keep it on top...  

So yeah Vic, I disagree but we will be finding out soon enough.  Suzuki likes to stomp on the competition RIGHT when they release their NEWEST and best, it's something that makes them giggle...  So, I'd kinda expect to see a better Busa next year that steam rolls kawi.

Besides, of the models you listed the Kawi's are still Ninjas, and were all evolutionary responses to competition the CBR11000 and the Busa.  The Honda blackbird then faded due to poor sales and the release of the Busa.

I don't see Suzuki discontinuing the name or the Bike, the Busa is the reason we had the ZX12 and the ZX14 now.  So it wouldn't make sense for Suzuki to pull the plug, not with the success, the reputation, and the recognition it has.

As for the ZX14 Beating the Busa...  Dude, remember the Zx12 was a "BUSAKILLER" as well and it turned out to be yet another "Kawi Pie" and from the looks of the Newest Ugly?  The ZX14 is going to go the same way even if the Busa is discontinued...
Busa already loosing it`s sales... My local shop has them all 06 on the floor now.... that never happened before.. all color including LE. LE was on waiting list for a few month always....
I wanted one in 05 and desided to go with black/silver instead.

At the same time they sold 7!!!!! ZX-14...

Yesterday I witnesed ~60old dude shoping for a bike and he got ZX14... I asked him why he don`t want the Busa....
They can cut pretty good deal on it.... His responce was....
It`s nice... but old.. He wanted greatest and latest.... And he is not alone..
What going to happen when sales wend south? What Suzuki going to do?
From marketing point of view?
Stratosphere... is the answer... not in form it was presented in shows this year... they will change a lot for sure..
New name for new king... Young , most refined king is always better then rejuvenated one... From the sales perspective...
Should we be worried about resale value of our beloved Busas?
I don`t think so... I`m not selling mine...
biggrin.gif

and BTW.. Since when manufacturer cared about aftermarket support??? Why should they care?

Ohhh I know why.... Aftermarket support cut spare part sales in half...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

We already know it's going to lose weight and get a power surge. I'd like more leg room and a better stock windscreen for wind protection. I don't want a big gixxer1000 though. I like the fact that the Busa doesn't look like any other bike out there, so if it looks like a fat 1k it will have to grow on me. I'm looking for the all black annivesary edition though, hopefully it will be in the second year when I'll be ready to make a move
biggrin.gif

What if they are waiting to release some monsterous 10 year anniversary edition that packs like 200HP? That would be cool no doubt.

<!--EDIT|buss05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151685923 -->

Not going to happen....

ZX11 - discontinued
ZX12 - discontinued
Busa -
rock.gif
?

See the pattern here?

smile.gif
They discontinued those bikes because they were not worthy.
wink.gif

And, I did not realize the 13.5 had an immobilizer stock? How does that work?

And I think changes in other models are a good indicator of what Suzuki's gonna do with the Busa.

As an example, the Burgman saw an increase in engine size from 385cc to 400cc.

I'd like to see Suzuki use some tricks out of the other guys' bags. VTEC, gas tank in frame, dual balancers (though they might do that anyway)

Back