what should  know about putting my bike on EBAY??

brianm767

Registered
I'm thinking of trying to sale my Busa on EBAY since I'm having no luck here or on Craigs list, I've sold several things on EBAY but never a vehicle or any thing of this value, is there any thing I should be aware of or any sujestions you might have as to how to go about it? I would appreciate any advise you might have, (other  than dont sale it, because I need to)  I'm very leary of going to Ebay , but I need to sale it soon???

check the current prices on ebay, price your according to theres if you really want to sell. list everthing you have done. all oil changes etc... the most important thing is pictures. plenty of them with different angles. be clear about shipping, if you will or if they have to pick it up.

And the better the pictures the better it sells on there! Bad time of year to be trying to sell though.

I'd say the most important thing is to actually have a Busa to sell. After that, it should be gravy.

Other than the bad time of year, good luck.  I'm trying to get rid of mine right now too.  Ebays good, you get a lot of watchers and not a lot of bidders if you're honest.  You can either set a reserve or a starting price.  I chose with a  starting price of the minimum I wanted to get.  I probably should've done a reserve auction just to get people bidding on it though.  Don't know what I am gonna do next time...and it's gonna cost you about $35-40 to list.

I've heard of people stealing VIN nos. and passing them off on other bikes, so I put in my auction that the vin will be given to bidders only, and bidders by request. If they really want the bike, they can bid on it then run the VIN, if it comes back messed up then I'd refund the bidder, however, it's all good cause it's my bike.

I also removed all license plate shots. I'd include a link to my auction, but I don't want to thread jack.

No stories of how you're selling it for your brother, that you're currently in Greece and need the $ wired to you ASAP...blah blah blah...

I put my Harley up for sale on eBay and had a few interested parties...best advice I can give is that you only deal with bidders with a good history on eBay, not some newbie that just signed up to steal your bike...require a deposit, a cashier's check, stuff like that...

Good luck; sorry to hear you're selling the Busa
sad.gif

I've sold 5 of my past bikes on ebay and got more than had I tried to sale local. Plus, you don't have to worry about squids wanting to come over for a "test ride". Take good pics from all angles and give a simple but good description. I haven't had any non-payers yet and unless you have a bullet proof way to do so, would not ship the bike. I bought a Honda ST1100 around 4 years ago on ebay and when Forwardair delivered it to the terminal in Dallas, TX, the bike was beat to hell, e.g. cracked plastics, etc and they wouldn't cover any of the damage. Also, you want payment (cash) up front before they ride the bike. Avoid paypal, except for a small deposit such as $250 because the buyer can file a phony complaint 30 days after payment and paypal will freeze the money/withdraw it back from your bank account, refund it to them and then both the bike and money are gone......they are for the buyer and couldn't give a s**t about the seller. Plus, they charge you around 3% surcharge.

(Revlis @ Sep. 18 2006,13:02) I'd say the most important thing is to actually have a Busa to sell.  After that, it should be gravy.
I dont get this one? I do have a Busa in the for sale section?? so where's the gravy??

(Shanling @ Sep. 18 2006,12:47) And the better the pictures the better it sells on there! Bad time of year to be trying to sell though.
It's still 90 degrees here, bike riding season wont be over for a few more months

Back