What should happen to this kid

Crazy kids these days ! I'm sure when it's all over , she's gonna regret her actions .
guns.gif

She does play for the Wall"kill" team...what do you expect?

WTF kinda name is that for a team?

she can throw one hell of a punch for a girl
crazy.gif

Damn guys, the kid made a stupid mistake, but there is no way her life should be ruined by this. She didn't kill anyone.....
A felony on her record will limit the amount of choices she has in the future. Sure she should be punished, and it is a serious infraction, but it's a mistake a lot of us have made.........

you can still be a boxer with a felony on your record
AAAssjani.gif

at least it was with fist's and not somekind of weapon...

Oh damn, she's just misunderstood. An unprovoked violent attack doesn't mandate a harsh punishment. I'd recommend 30-mins of school detention; but only if she agrees.
firedevil.gif

I'd bet that either her coach or her parents are putting a lot of pressure on her to be a star....

The girl she hit scored one of the only two goals in the game (her team lost 2-0). And the article said it was the girl's first goal of the season so there was probably a lot more cheering by her teammates/parents/spectators than would be expected for the situation. She probably noticed that and didn't understand why... maybe she took it a bit too personally...

Now, granted, that's a lot to read into this story... but I agree with Mr Brown... I don't think a 16 year old girl should have her life basically ruined because she got a little hotheaded threw a punch. Hell, people get off for murders for 'temporary insanity'...

Agreed, she should feel some responsibility and take ownership but it shouldn't ruin her life. I think that all of this news is just media hysteria and is serving to scare others into watching themselves and exercising some impulse control.
If one punch from an athletic girl did so much damage I would be looking into somekind of degenerative disease that the victim may have resulting in weak bones.
Some people take bats to the face without so much damage so how did this girl get her face so busted up. I have a feeling that a lot of the facts haven't been made clear and the truth will be publicized at trial. That is if her attorney doesn't strike a deal and have the record sealed after a little handshaking with the authorities.

(Warputer @ Nov. 02 2006,09:38) Crazy kids these days ! I'm sure when it's all over , she's gonna regret her actions .  
guns.gif
With our legal system  
rock.gif
, I doubt it very much. I predict something like 25 hours of Community Service which amounts to serving meals on wheels to someone ! Just look at all the adult players who do whatever and just walk, why, because they're good and WINNING at a Sport is the ONLY thing important in our society right now ! Charactor and Personal Responsibility for one's personal actions have very little value in our society now! How sad  
sad.gif

Keep in mind the fragile mindstate of a child in her position.
She'll get therapy. I believe rightly so.

I don't know if she hit my kid... Sixteen is old enough to know better.

A felony, no.

She should be forced to get a job and use the paychecks to pay all of the injured girl's medical bills.  I think that would not only be fair, but would teach her that there are consequences for your actions.

Back