What shall I do?? 08 or 1st Gen???

cerebusa

Registered
Ok guys heres the deal, a girl hit me in the rear about a month ago now. The ins co totaled my 03, but made me a very generous offer on the bike, that I think I will take and keep the damaged 03. I still have not settled on the medical end so heres the delema. I really like the 08"s, but I also really like the 1st Gens. I keep going back and forth. Theres a beautiful Blk/Gray I am in love with but there is also a low mile 99 (stock) thats local to me. "I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO". I know this is one of those, what color should I paint my valve stems or how often should I rotate my tires questions but I need some input. And try not to hurt my feelings I'm a sensitive big guy...thanks Mike...i am slowly going insane????My wife says she has heard enough of it...:banghead:

look, get a Gen2 and enjoy it,,,, and No, i dont have one, but i am a good listener...

Ok guys heres the deal, a girl hit me in the rear about a month ago now. The ins co totaled my 03, but made me a very generous offer on the bike, that I think I will take and keep the damaged 03. I still have not settled on the medical end so heres the delema. I really like the 08"s, but I also really like the 1st Gens. I keep going back and forth. Theres a beautiful Blk/Gray I am in love with but there is also a low mile 99 (stock) thats local to me. "I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO". I know this is one of those, what color should I paint my valve stems or how often should I rotate my tires questions but I need some input. And try not to hurt my feelings I'm a sensitive big guy...thanks Mike...i am slowly going insane????My wife says she has heard enough of it...:banghead:

If you get a 1st gen, you will always want the 2nd gen.:lookaround:

Um... not to talk badly about the gen 1's :bowdown: ,, (I have a Gen1 and also a Gen2) Um.. you ride the Gen2 a few times and the Gen1 just feels ancient. :whistle: No flaming.. I love my Gen1 but the Gen2 is just... Impressive. 2nd gear power wheelie's with stock gearing. My Gen1 with a 16/42 can't do that. Picked up the Gen2 for 10,499 new.

Either way it's a good ride!!! :beerchug:

I went through the same delema, wife found a beauty of a Gen1 local for good price, I went with the GEN2 after reading <all> the reviews. No regrets, what a bike! Of course I can only speak for orange. The Gen 1 was a two tone beauty with gunmetal blue & white & extras like Yosh pipes. But I liked the idea of more boost & the brakes got raves so I went with the stroker. I think the interest was lower too & I got a nice deal. I'd like to have both, U might want to do that:laugh:

This is kinda going in the direction I have been leaning in, I will probably put the 03 back togeather over the winter anyway but, I just gots ta ride now. Know what I mean. Been a month now and I'm starting the DT"S without my scooter. Thanks for the input:cheerleader:

hmmm that's a tough one. I guess it depends on what you like and how you use the bike. If I rode it everyday and didn't do to many mods I would start with a Gen 2. If the bike was more just for a day or two out of the week fun I would get the 1999. The 99 is practicaly a classic these days. If you're more about the bling and more concerned with the "image" you portray then maybe the Gen 2 is what you need.

Personaly if I could afford a bike that wasn't going to be overly used it would be the 1999 busa all OEM. Okay, I would have to swap the brake pads, lines, and change the rear sprocket but I would keep it as OE as possible. No TRE needed. :thumbsup:

The only thing I would be thinking is what color I would paint the New gen 2. I am not a big fan of the colors of the 08 or 09's. But you have to go with the newest technology. And then I would also plan on getting new pipes.

This is a very easy decision. Get the Gen 2. The resale of the Gen 2 will be better off in the future. Since you are starting over from scratch get the Gen 2. I was thinking about trading in my Gen 1 for a Gen 2. After all the mods and work I put in my Gen 1 bike, I just could not do it. I would loose too much money. If I was hit on the bike and I have the opportunity to get a Gen 2, I would do it in a heart beat. If you don't get a Gen 2, let me know....I will send a doctor to your house to consul you. I would fear that you had lost your marbles....lol....:laugh:

i just sold my gen1 and got an 08 and i never looked back, get the 2:cheerleader:

Had the same debate about a year ago and decided I had put too much into my Gen1 and couldn't let her go. Nothing wrong with her mechanically - just a lot of cosmetic stuff. Managed to get a Gen2 anyway, but not as a replacement. It's a tough decision, but you can't go wrong either way - you'll still have a Busa! :thumbsup:

It's simple, have both worlds. Get a new or used 08' and install a Gen1 body on it. It's not that hard.

Yes I am liking the 08 very much, I like the Black or dark gray color. They have one at the Zook store near me with the Muzzy full exhaust (1st Gen) that looks very pleasing too me. My wife asked me this afternoon "If thats all I think about" I lied and said no honey...

Disenting opinion! I could get a Gen II if I wanted to, I chose to keep my Gen I and keep improving it. I love Gen II's but some of us (at least me) believe in keeping, developing and aftermarketing Gen I's. Gen II's are incredible but I don't think Gen I's (when modified) are "antiquated technology". Raydog

Busa rear.jpg

I wanna be just like Mr X when I grow up. I'm going to keep the 03 if the ins. co will sell it back to me then...I'm leaning very heavily towards the 08 I mentioned earlier so...couldst be both. I will see what the Busa gods decree. I really appreciate the input guys. Mike

Back