What safely gear first?

This is all of my current gear. I also have a Bilt helmet that my son wears.
20190322_180800.jpg

Thanks for all the replies guys, never thought about earplugs I assume the helmet would keep most noise pretty muted, but I wasn't questioning the need for safety gear (other than a jacket) just what was more important and should be bought first. I got Alpinegear boots and Sedici gloves, jacket will most likely be Alpinestars or Dainese but idk enough about the riding jeans to do much shopping yet for them and Cycle Gear is the only shop close to me to try stuff out.

Thanks for all the replies guys, never thought about earplugs I assume the helmet would keep most noise pretty muted, but I wasn't questioning the need for safety gear (other than a jacket) just what was more important and should be bought first. I got Alpinegear boots and Sedici gloves, jacket will most likely be Alpinestars or Dainese but idk enough about the riding jeans to do much shopping yet for them and Cycle Gear is the only shop close to me to try stuff out.
Check revzilla. They are pretty good about returns/exchange on certain items. I got my jeans from them.

I was going to buy a couple pair of jeans from them but they are expensive. Go to Cycle Gear and try on whatever you want. Then go to Ebay and get it. Save you some money over time.

I paid 100 for my Bilt Pole Position boots. Was going to go Dainese but the price for boots wasnt something I could really justify. My next jacket will be roughly 400 and my next suit will be 2k.

I paid 100 for my Bilt Pole Position boots. Was going to go Dainese but the price for boots wasnt something I could really justify. My next jacket will be roughly 400 and my next suit will be 2k.
Yeah the leather Alpinestars jacket I want for cold weather is gonna be almost $500. I won't be needing a suit though. I'd like to get a Hayabusa jacket with the kanji but idk if they're good equipment or just for looks

Yeah the leather Alpinestars jacket I want for cold weather is gonna be almost $500. I won't be needing a suit though. I'd like to get a Hayabusa jacket with the kanji but idk if they're good equipment or just for looks

Depends on who makes that Hayabusa jacket. Joe Rocket was the only one I remember that did it and that's a good brand. Save your money on that winter jacket and get heated gear.

What color are you looking for? I have a white/gray/black with hayabusa logos that cost close to $500 new and I would sell it.

0988034D-1066-4AB2-8AFB-9E78BB8DDE0D.jpeg

47F7EF5B-E0DA-47C7-9230-79C2489D4B8C.jpeg

751CD072-7918-4739-8FD7-26AA8E944C25.png

56A04F8C-F15A-458D-BC93-1F42132733D7.jpeg

Years ago a friend gave me an IXON ballistic/kevlar jacket from France, it has armour and a liner...no vents though so can be warm in summer...

I bought a heavy denim jacket with Kevlar from Draggin Jeans. They are on FB and have a website. They sell Kevlar t-shirts, long johns, jackets and jeans. The jeans and jacket have an armor option. They are kind of pricy. My jacket is over 15 years old and still going strong...

Hello:

Thank you for having a great sense of humor. By appt only you literally have me on the floor rolling my :moon:off. Cheers, gday, and SHAKA Brah. For those that not sure of what Shaka is means peace it comes from my home.

View attachment 1596908

Glad you see the humor sir, I am farrrrr from being a pro rider...just a hooligan.

Dude that's just what I want but i'm pretty sure looking at the size charts that I need a 54 or 56, I'm 5 11 and about 180. Thanks for the offer
No way you need a jacket that big. A 54 or 56 is gigantic! I’m the same height as you, but weight 215lbs

Dude that's just what I want but i'm pretty sure looking at the size charts that I need a 54 or 56, I'm 5 11 and about 180. Thanks for the offer
This Jacket will fit you may be a bit big even a 50 is not small check the pic were he is wearing the jacket for all the room he has. Mabupa had a fair price for this item since he received a new one just something to think about.

Ok I'll try on a 50 this weekend when I get back to cycle gear, I was just going by the size chart I found online. I have a Harley jacket but a it's a large so didnt know how to translate to Euro sizes

I wear a size 52 in EU standards for jackets and race suits. For boots, I wear a size 12 shoe in US standards which comes to a 45 in EU.

Full length back protector. From neck vertebrae to tail bone. Ya can live with a broke arm,leg,ribs etc. But take a hit to the spine and you are done for. CE level 2. If ya can afford it Alpine Star Tech Air airbag jacket system. Pricy but the best protection you can find for the upper body. I ride Predator style as my friends say. Pekev jeans from Revolution. Kinda like Kevlar but made from polypropylene and they come standard with 3do hips and knees inserts. Sidi Crossfire boots up to just below the knee and Tech Air on the jacket. Gloves and Helmet. I don't mind the heat, I do mind broken bones.

Back