What\'s the best heat insulator wrap?

OB_Ronny

Registered
Ever since installing the Evans coolant, I've been concerned about the extra heat being around the fuel pump. SOooo I want to wrap it with a better than stock insulator. Suggestions?
MH... have you verified that the Evans coolant is carrying more heat off the engine?
Evans needs better flow, maybe that's the problem. Didn't you try removing the thermostat?

The reason you use the Muzzy Aluminum fan blades are as the plastic fan blade heats up it will lose it's pitch and not cool the bike effectively.The Muzzy fan does make more noise when it kicks on but it really moves alot more air.It's worth it

the air directioning kinda stinks on these bikes it realy doe'nt blow out toward the vent as much as it does downward.i may tweak the blades a little to move more air.remember with my set up it will not overheat when in the red though it has not gotten that hot since modding the cooling system as they directed

yes i removed the thermostat and the pumps bypass tube and ran the line that comes out of the head into the small tube of the radiator on the upper right side.now she runs cooler or at least as cool as stock.and since there is no thermostat it cools it down a little more than the oem thermostats temp.if you don't do this it tends to run a little hotter than stock.now i have the best of both worlds.on the heat wrap the stuff that works good is specisal mat from thermotec that is thicker than thier header wrap.theres better ones out ther but this is all you need and it will insulate it just fine.and no i have not installed an oil temp guage yet.been tryin to keep everyone elses bike on the road.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 04 July 2000).]

Thanks for the quick reply and the info. Will she stay cool during extended idle? I'm at 6000' so the air density is an issue here. Do you know if the Muzzy fan blades really help? Thanks for your time.

Back