What price would you put on it

BigBadDodge

Registered
Having a very very bad few weeks that have got me thinking of selling the 06 and buying a bone stock gen 2 to play with, not getting out of the game by any means just thinking i'd like a low/no mileage bike and start from scratch. that will turn into something that will blow people minds, Problem is looking online there arent a whole lot of similar year bikes with as much work done as mine.

06 with 7700 miles, full hindle exhaust, k+n with air box mod, plugged pair, 10" all things chrome 240 kit, rc savage wheels, custom paint, lots of billet, zzz chain, led underglow. avon grips, crg levers, braided stainless lines, Tre and speedo healer Clean bike thats never been down and have the title in my hand.

Where would i start i'm looking out here at bone stock 06's with 10k on em going in the 8k range. Everything new on this bike has 2k miles on it. Was kinda thinking of throwing a feeler on craigslist to see what i get out of it, dont want everyone going wow he's crazy but i do know what everything on this thing is worth.
What you think?
Option 2 is thinking maybe a clean stock gen 2 plus cash, they're going for about the same price out here, was looking at a 08 at the dealer early that was priced at 8700
may006.jpg

may008.jpg

may002.jpg

there in lies the problem with modding bikes. you wont ever get even close to what you put into it out. when it comes to your bike you have to find the correct market ya know? from looking at your list of mods its basically all look pretty stuff. beautiful paint job, lotsa chrome etc. the real problem is most dont have the type of cash they need to buy something like yours. banks will only loan nada of the bike and couold care less about any of the mods. they dont take them into consideration. i think youare going to have to list and be patient. in the correct market i would say ya might get 10k. finding someone to pay that will be rough though as most banks will only loan probably 7 for it maybe.

i think if it was mine i would return to stock as much as possible and sell the extras to recoupe my loses. as for someone trading you a gen11 and giving you cash as well once again hafta be that special someone looking. Good Luck!

Your bike is pretty cool. I want the orange/black 2008, but I wouldn't trade a bike like yours and a couple of $$grand to get one.

Put back to stock or close and sell it and the 240 separate. I've been playing around with the same idea myself, but I'm lazy, so it probly won't happen.

Or $10k and see what offers come in...
Droid via Tapatalk

BBD, I have an 08 with similar colors...candy apple in the black...especially love the wave of red in your black front cowling near the light. Man u gonna get killed when u try and sell her. Mod-ing a bike is such a personal thing and very few people have the same tastes...your bike is gorgeous...in todays economy I wish you the best of luck..your game plan is sound in the sense put a tester out there and see if you get any nibbles. Everything has a selling price..but these days it is a buyer's market and they smell blood in the water if you catch my drift...

Part the thing out... And return it to stock...
7700miles... you'd probably get $5k plus
whatever you can for the aftermarket parts...

Good luck.

P.S. I have on '06 w/ 33k miles on it... lol.
Do you ride that garage queen EVER?!?!

2004 HAYABUSA LE

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/2494887309.html

Here are a couple, I have not seen stock gen1's for a while, at 8k. I would ask 8500 and go down to 8. Bikes real nice but if people see the hk skins they are going to wonder. I would look to trade for a bone stock genII
Posted via Mobile Device

Stretched Hayabusa For Sale - Yakaz Motorcycles

Here is a link to what some of the stretched modded Busa seem to be going for. But prices vary by location and availability. You always end up loosing selling it already modified, need to be patient to minimize the loss... Your bike has really low miles though why sell it for the Gen 2 I hope it's not just for the tail section :poke: It's a simple enough mod to get done on the Gen 1.

there in lies the problem with modding bikes. you wont ever get even close to what you put into it out. when it comes to your bike you have to find the correct market ya know? from looking at your list of mods its basically all look pretty stuff. beautiful paint job, lotsa chrome etc. the real problem is most dont have the type of cash they need to buy something like yours. banks will only loan nada of the bike and couold care less about any of the mods. they dont take them into consideration. i think youare going to have to list and be patient. in the correct market i would say ya might get 10k. finding someone to pay that will be rough though as most banks will only loan probably 7 for it maybe.

i think if it was mine i would return to stock as much as possible and sell the extras to recoupe my loses. as for someone trading you a gen11 and giving you cash as well once again hafta be that special someone looking. Good Luck!
Vipers right on the money, extreme modding of a bike is a VERY expensive hobby, you always lose LOTS of money when it comes time to sell. And the guys that do it usually get bored quick and want to move on to the next project...its a rich mans sport for sure. The only mods I do to my bikes are for performance or comfort. Its a lot easier to get your money back that way.
Bad like Viper said, your best bet is to put your bike back as stock as possible, and sell all the spendy custom parts seperate :thumbsup:

Nice lookn bike you have there

just a heads up up some people might be smarter than you think
where is the oem plastics that came on bike? you said its never been laid down
BUT.. you have china plastics on there

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...45-hong-kong-plastics-pics-5.html#post2732905

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...s/139417-gen-1-hong-kong-plastics-pics-3.html

:whistle::whistle::whistle::poke:
on the shelfs in my garage, they were put on so paint work could be done on the oems, never happened

Part the thing out... And return it to stock...
7700miles... you'd probably get $5k plus
whatever you can for the aftermarket parts...

Good luck.

P.S. I have on '06 w/ 33k miles on it... lol.
Do you ride that garage queen EVER?!?!

I've had it a little over a year and and got it with 4500 on it, first 2 months i owned it was torn apart trying to get the stretch right, and we had winter hit in october.

Not sure what i will do, see what happens when i get it back together...again. I wouldnt do it just for the tail, figure if i'm going to go through with it might as well get a newer one. Ironically enough my day got even worse when i was out there working on it finally said the hell with it and left it alone for the night before i ended up kickin it over or something:laugh:

how did the plastics fit and where did you get them ??

They were on the bike when i got it so not sure where, fit isnt to bad they arent oem but fit pretty good compared to some of the aftermarkets i've seen.
My brother is looking at a set from that fastfairings.com for his cbr so i'm kinda curious how his will fit

So out of curiosity i emailed fastfairings.com for a price on the matching tank cover, figuring it would be cheap as the entire kits only 900 bucks, they want 219 just for the tank cover:rofl:

What sucks about having a bike like that is....all that people hear is year, and miles, everything else is "what you wanted to do to it". It is a NICE bike though. I agree with selling the swingarm separate.

I do see a few bikes like this at "Bike Nights" for sale. If you have the time, you might be able to get what you want for it, but EVERYBODY's going to try, and get the best deal they can FOR THEM.

You can get 6k all day here in Tampa ,Guy from my job sold his Busa with China Plastics not nearly as good looking as your bike for 6k .Trus me DON'T take less then 6.

I've had people ask me around town or at bike nights "hey how much would you sell that for" especially considering there really arent a whole lot of stretched bikes, hell even rockets that go to the bike nights. may have to entertain a few of those guys :laugh:

Back