What Octane do you use?

Youkai

Registered
Okay I am reading the manual (which every new owner does right? hehe) well I came across the section that says "use a minimum of 87 octane". Okay even my 04 R6 said to use premium fuel of no less than 91, why is it different for the busa? I am only gonna run premium in the busa, just kind of curious. Its faster, bigger, and has more power, yeah its getting 93 only.

There is really no reason to run a stock Bus with anything more expensive that plain vanilla regular unleaded.

Unless your goal is to empty your wallet/bank account as fast as possible.

Then you should run the most expensive premium you can find, and add octane booster. But it's probably actually going to reduce your performance...

you might also want to read this.

Bigger is not always better...

Ride safe,

--Steve

<!--EDIT|expat
Reason for Edit: "www.wikipedia.org, like octane for the brain..."|1122647381 -->

I broke it in with 93. I've been running 87 octane since 600 miles. There is more to octain requirements than the static compression of the engine. Cam timing and spark timing have big impacts of octain requirements.

I ran 93 in mine til I read here that everyone was running 87 with no problems so I switched to 87. Cant tell any difference.

Back