What, no comments on MotoGP lately??

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Geez, all the controversy lately and no one is commenting? Where are all you left coast guys?!?

1) How about ONLY Bridgestone submitting a bid for the one-tire supplier? What's up with THAT, can't believe the Frogs laying down after all the years they've got in it...

2) Wouldn't it be a biotch for Valentino and little Danny if Michelin DID get into it??

3) Great to have Rossi back where he belongs, but not dominating and racing is still close and fun to watch!

4) What's up with no ride for Spies?!? Is Suzuki just STUPID??

5) How do you think Nicky will do on the Duc first season? Tough adjustment period, or "This thing rocks, suits my ballsy riding style!"

What with the death of AMA, will that have riders scrambling to get across the pond?

233225_Loris+Capirossi+ahead+of+Dani+Pedrosa+at+Lukey+Heights-1280x960-oct4.jpg.preview_big.jpg

What about the resurgence of Nicky Hayden? He has been absent all season and as soon as he signs with Ducati he has been on fire! He has been pretty quick at Philip Island this weekend only missed pole by .091 seconds. I think his riding style will suit the Ducati pretty well! As long as he is motivated!

I predict this time next year that Dovioso will be higher in the points than Pedrosa on the Repsol bike too. Not having Nicky around doing the development work will kill Pedro!

Michelin is just like a wounded animal crawling off to lick its wounds one more time just like they did when they got ousted from F1

Ben Spies not getting a ride on a MotoGP bike is a bit of a mystery. He obviously has the skills but just no takers. The higher ups at Suzuki must have their heads up their bung holes to let riders like Spies and Sykes go to the competition like that. Perhaps a year in WSBK will convince a few people.

As for Rossi. He rode his way back to the top this year no question. Every since Laguna he has been playing Stoner like a fiddle. I hope it doesn't end up like the Max biaggi or Sete Gibernau VS Rossi battles of old. We all know how those worked out!

Honds seems to have ther heads up their tails this year. They let Nickey go to Duc. and the line of street bikes for 09 lacks something. You would think they would look at the Ninja 250 and come out with something like that. Our local Honda/Kawi dealer said he ordered 20 of the 250's and will be lucky to get ten. And what was up with Suzuki not even showing up as a displaying dealer in Indy? that was unbelievable. You should have seen the "Ducatti Island" in the infield.??? It was great to see Valentino and Nickey go at it, even if it was a shortened race.

You've just missed the threads, we've been discussing those topics :beerchug:

I think Michelin is going to put a bid in for next year, last I heard is that if they weren't they would have already announced it.

I don't think Pedro or Rossi would care as much as Stoner. All Stoner ever did on Michelins was crash.

Rossi is the best ever, but it takes the entire package to win races and the championship. The entire package is back for Rossi.

Suzuki is a bunch of retards for resigning Capirossi over Spies. I guess they'd rather have his name for sponsors then Spies to win races. Spies crushed Capirossi and Vermeulen at Indy where it was as equally for everyone as it could be.

Best move ever for Nicky going to Ducati, Honda doesn't have the passion to win like Ducati does. Nicky wanted the pneumatic engine since Catalunya. But he didn't get it until Donnington and ever since he got the new engine, his results have been getting better and better.

I think Spies going to WSB for Yamaha's Italian team is a great move. He can get the experience on most of the Euro tracks that MotoGP runs and see if he can even cope with living in Europe. Plus someone has to take Haga's ride!
I also hear he may have a shot with the Tech3 Yamaha Team if/when Colin Edwards or James Toseland moves on.

I found this pic of MotoGP 250 rider Alex Debon crashing in qualifying. Damm!!

moto crash.jpg

I got up today and finally got around to watching the 250 MotoGP race from Motegi last round. And at the end of the race they were talking about the MSMA/Dorna decision to adopt 600cc (max) 4 Cylinder(max) 4 cycle production based engines for the class starting in 2011. As I understand it the engines would have to be production based, limited to 16,000rpm and that they are even proposing a claiming rule on the engines. There are a number of production bikes now with 16k+ redlines so that last bit seems to be a bit of hogwash. The weight limits I have heard are around 140kg(~309LBs) up from I believe 100KG at the moment. Current AMA FX class rules are actually more relaxed than this with the exception that they have to be streetbike based and have a minimum of 158KG(350LBs). The fear is of course that the 125cc (two Stroke) GP bikes may in fact be faster at the tracks they now race on so that will take some balancing. The death of Two Strokes was inevitable and franky I am surprised that it took this long to move to 4 strokes in the smaller class. MotoGP has been a 4 stroke class for 6 years now so it would seem to be a no brainer.
Food for thought.

I got up today and finally got around to watching the 250 MotoGP race from Motegi last round. And at the end of the race they were talking about the MSMA/Dorna decision to adopt 600cc (max) 4 Cylinder(max) 4 cycle production based engines for the class starting in 2011. As I understand it the engines would have to be production based, limited to 16,000rpm and that they are even proposing a claiming rule on the engines. There are a number of production bikes now with 16k+ redlines so that last bit seems to be a bit of hogwash. The weight limits I have heard are around 140kg(~309LBs) up from I believe 100KG at the moment. Current AMA FX class rules are actually more relaxed than this with the exception that they have to be streetbike based and have a minimum of 158KG(350LBs). The fear is of course that the 125cc (two Stroke) GP bikes may in fact be faster at the tracks they now race on so that will take some balancing. The death of Two Strokes was inevitable and franky I am surprised that it took this long to move to 4 strokes in the smaller class. MotoGP has been a 4 stroke class for 6 years now so it would seem to be a no brainer.
Food for thought.

I disagree with the production based, or RPM limited or anything else regulated other than displacement. This is supposed to be bleeding-edge technology and the ultimate motorcycle racing competition in the world, so anything goes makes it a field where manufacturers have to develop technology to compete and that technology benefits all of US in the near future.

I do agree with the minimum weight regulation, you can't break laws of physics and it's not fair for Rossi to have to look like a zipper when he stands sideways and sticks out his tongue to be on a par with a hobbit like Pedro...

SPOILER

How about Dovi whining about "aggressive" riding from Toseland and Lorenzo? He's gotta get used to just handling it and not griping to the press, he will do the same in a different race...

What are they supposed to do, just let him drive by them when he wants to?

Hayden :whistle: maybe OK, maybe Not. Seems he needs a bike that slides alot to win. But maybe his changing to Bridgestones and Ducait will help ??

Spies AND Boz are going to WSB. Should be great to watch next year, expecially since AMA is now DEAD :poke:

Which Boz? Hadn't heard that.

Spies AND Boz are going to WSB. Should be great to watch next year, expecially since AMA is now DEAD :poke:[/QUOTE]

As I read this I could not help but want to throw up on my keyboard. This is an article about Alberto Puig Shltting all over Nicky Hayden now that Nicky is leaving the team. And he is accusing Nicky of copying Pedro's settings and not knowing how to set up a bike? How do the settings for a 110lb punk in any way translate to a 150 lb dude? This in the wake of Nicky outperforming Pedrosa at nearly every venue since his departure was announced! Puig is a Azzhat and just needs to be kicked out of the shop! Pretty sure there will be fallout from this.

Link

post-12-61681-Animation1.gif

Puig is a total retard. I think he said all that just to get in the press since Dani-boy has sucked royally in the last races.

Remember it was Puig who said it was Nicky's fault when Pedro torpedoed him in 2006.

That guy is a total azz.

I say we get on a plane to Valencia for the season Finale and Duct tape him and Pedro to one another (69 style in Honor of Nicky's #) on a flag pole! :rofl:

Puig is a total retard. I think he said all that just to get in the press since Dani-boy has sucked royally in the last races.

Remember it was Puig who said it was Nicky's fault when Pedro torpedoed him in 2006.

That guy is a total azz.

There is a really good tongue in cheek article at Superbikeplanet today about the Puig/Pedrosa VS Hayden squabble. I particularly liked the last bit.

How to shift the perception that you're a spoiled kid, whose screechy parent can't hide the fact that you've been given everything but can't deliver?

Stir the shltpot and splash it somewhere else. Deflect. Distract. Change the subject.

Puig is an infant! Which sort of makes Pedrosa.... A Zygote?:laugh:

Back