What my discs look like

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
This is a pic of what my front discs look like. The front brakes work really well, even with one finger, so I'm not inclined to start using brake cleaner on them.
Am I missing something. Everyone else seems to have pics of pristine discs.

This is just after the bike has been washed and rinsed with deionized water, so it will dry spot free.

disc.jpg

What are you washing it with?

I'm washing the whole bike with a mild dish soap in a spray (no rubbing). Then it gets a regular rinse spray. After that it gets a deionized water spray which lets it dry spot free.

I'm not using anything that is very strong. I'm just wondering if I might be doing myself a disservice by not cleaning the discs with brake cleaner. Or if cleaning them with a brake cleaner might be harmful to everything else (like the tires).

Those wheels don't look very clean, When it's time for a bath I wash mine with water I use s-100 an I use a soft brush on the rotors but you have to move the bike a little to get it all clean:laugh: as for spots I do a jet dry.. Fire that bad girl up an JET it on down the road completely dry no spots in less than a minute:rofl:

Last edited:
Those wheels don't look very clean, When it's time for a bath I wash mine with water I use s-100 an I use a soft brush on the rotors but you have to move the bike a little to get it all clean:laugh: as for spots I do a jet dry.. Fire that bad girl up an JET it on down the road completely dry no spots in less than a minute:rofl:

I like the jet dry!:rofl:

i never used water on my bike at all, anywhere. honda spray polish, plexus, wd-40 on a rag for the rims.

IMG_2112.JPG

Your right. The wheels don't look very clean. I'm lazy, and they aren't chromed and cool looking. Here are some after drying pics. I just let it sit, and this is the result. BTW: Did you guys know that every time you save a .jpg, more information is lost.

I know, it's straying from my own topic, but it's true. If you SAVE a .jpg picture over and over, eventually it will be just a blur. You can COPY with no loss in detail.

discClose.jpg

drydisc.jpg

:poke: u need to learn how to wash, why are you worried about water spots when you git grease all over everything? lol...and clean those rotors(dirt on them will surely cause them to get pited and scratched)

the rest looks fantastic

Last edited:
:rulez: get in there an clean them org, sters are known for there attention to detail most members here will look at your chain before the the rest of the bike to if you are taking care an cleaning the Busa properly :laugh:.:laugh: cleaning the plastics is easy it's the detail that push your machine to the top of the list.:thumbsup:

Your right. The wheels don't look very clean. I'm lazy, and they aren't chromed and cool looking. Here are some after drying pics. I just let it sit, and this is the result. BTW: Did you guys know that every time you save a .jpg, more information is lost.

I know, it's straying from my own topic, but it's true. If you SAVE a .jpg picture over and over, eventually it will be just a blur. You can COPY with no loss in detail.
does the deoinized water help kill the free radicals????
you could just leave it in the rain and get the same result:rofl:

Last edited:
You do know there's a difference between washing a Busa and CLEANING a Busa right? ???

The members that don't use soap and water probably are the same members that are afraid to ride in the rain as well..
Suds that girl up and get the sponge out, your not going to hurt her. Then go get your wifes best bath towel and dry her off.. Then go get yourself a beer and just sit back and admire your girl and do a little detailing.. :thumbsup:

You do know there's a difference between washing a Busa and CLEANING a Busa right? ???

The members that don't use soap and water probably are the same members that are afraid to ride in the rain as well..
Suds that girl up and get the sponge out, your not going to hurt her. Then go get your wifes best bath towel and dry her off.. Then go get yourself a beer and just sit back and admire your girl and do a little detailing.. :thumbsup:

I haven't used soap and water on this busa yet and I had her for exactly 4 months now. Here in Vegas she gets dusty and the occasional bug splatter but that's it. I have a no wash detailing spray that I use twice a week and then I wax her about every 3 weeks.

It rained here once and she got pretty dirty then but since I don't have a hose I just used the quick detailing spray and a whole lot of clean cotton towels. :)

Now my old busa and old Harley are another story but I was living in Florida and the bikes got wet almost daily.

Use a chamois or microfiber cloth, not a bathtowel :thumbsup:

Sorry Doyle, you know I love ya, but I have never used soap and water on my baby and she has seen plenty of rain. Plexus and WD-40 on the wheels, and I clean the chain after every wet ride. :thumbsup: I sorry, where is the beer? :laugh:

+100 on the no washing. babies never seen soap and water. got caught in plenty of rain storms, buts thats it. I use a liquid detailer, microfiber towels, honda polish, pro-shine, and a little mothers on the pipes.

I'm washing the whole bike with a mild dish soap in a spray (no rubbing). Then it gets a regular rinse spray. After that it gets a deionized water spray which lets it dry spot free.

I'm not using anything that is very strong. I'm just wondering if I might be doing myself a disservice by not cleaning the discs with brake cleaner. Or if cleaning them with a brake cleaner might be harmful to everything else (like the tires).

I would just take it to the car wash first time and wash it real good especially the wheels and then clean them real good with some Honda polish, and then if ya want them to look real nice hit them with a coat of wax, and they will be much easier to clean for a while, just my 2 cents

i keep mine out of the rain if i can. unless it starts raining while i'm at work. mine gets meguiars soap, then a clay bar, then meguiars spray wax with a microfiber cloth. yea, i'm picky. the paint feels like sex tho.

"the paint feels like sex tho."

Well alll-riiiiiight......

Quagmire.jpeg

No rain here, don't like riding in it or cleaning my bike afterwards. Plexus, and WD-40.:thumbsup:

Back