What my discs look like

I would just take it to the car wash first time and wash it real good especially the wheels and then clean them real good with some Honda polish, and then if ya want them to look real nice hit them with a coat of wax, and they will be much easier to clean for a while, just my 2 cents

What kind of wax?? Just regular car wax or is there bike specific waxes??

Body work,plexus
Wheel's,silcone spray. Maxima sc1 or motorex protect and shine. Spray it on the towel and wipe the wheel's with it.(I hate dirty wheel's)Do not spray it directly on the wheel's beacuse of the overspray will get on the rotor's.
Get a good cleaner and cut it down to safe level's with water.Get a part's cleaning brush and spray the wheel's and chain with water.Then spray the chain and wheel's with cleaner and use the part's brush to clean the chain and a towel to clean the wheel's.Blow off with air if you have a compressor.Lube the chain at this point.
Wipe the bike with a chamois to dry it off.Then get crazy with plexus and any other busa enhancing product to make it perfect.

Now have 2 beer's and look at the shiny busa.

Meguiars car washing and good ole fashion water cleans her right up, then meguiars for the waxing! :thumbsup:

I use honda pro cleaner also but I rinse mine off with water then wash it with dupont car wash. If you don't get the dust off and use a rag and cleaner it's like using a mild rubbing compound which will leave scratches. To each his own but water surely won't hurt these things. If it does, they are to tender. I try to stay away from spraying directly on the cluster though. Happy Motorin.:thumbsup:

Honda polish for me unless I get caught in the rain, then I will go to the hose & bucket of car wash soap. I clean the wheels every time I ride it. The chain gets cleaned an lubed every 250 miles or so.

Doyle is doing the same thing I am right now... "No rain?? :rofl:

Heck I have had to use engine degreaser to get the rain gunk off my bike.. I ran 300 miles last week in the wet stuff and do not even bother wiping it down because I will be right back in it this week again...

Just rolled 30K over on mine and just getting into the third riding season since new... Should be around 40K before the first snow..

never see rain... you guys are killing me here... :rofl:

You do know there's a difference between washing a Busa and CLEANING a Busa right? ???

The members that don't use soap and water probably are the same members that are afraid to ride in the rain as well..
Suds that girl up and get the sponge out, your not going to hurt her. Then go get your wifes best bath towel and dry her off.. Then go get yourself a beer and just sit back and admire your girl and do a little detailing.. :thumbsup:

cotton fabric scratches clear coat...

GET ONE OF THESE!!!
shamwow.jpg

You do know there's a difference between washing a Busa and CLEANING a Busa right? ???

The members that don't use soap and water probably are the same members that are afraid to ride in the rain as well..
Suds that girl up and get the sponge out, your not going to hurt her. Then go get your wifes best bath towel and dry her off.. Then go get yourself a beer and just sit back and admire your girl and do a little detailing.. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:True DAT!!!!

:poke: u need to learn how to wash, why are you worried about water spots when you git grease all over everything? lol...and clean those rotors(dirt on them will surely cause them to get pited and scratched)

the rest looks fantastic

That is the info I am seeking. Clean the rotors.

cotton fabric scratches clear coat...
That's not true. If you buy cheap made in china cotton towels they are probably not 100% cotton and can scratch your clear coat. Cotton towels labeled 100% cotton Made in America should work just fine. FYI, even microfiber towels made in china can scratch your clear coat. The place I buy my microfiber towels from claims to get them from Korea and they are mucho softer to the touch.

Last edited:
Back