What members wrench on the busa?

(GJoker @ Mar. 30 2007,15:56) I do most of my own wrenching, but I don't feel I know enough about what I'm doing (until I dig in) to offer up advice to someone else on his/her machine~ I think there are liability issues to think about also... especially these days~ I wouldn't want to be held accountable for giving someone advice only to have them screw their bike up one way or another and then turn around and put the blame on my advice~ But then that's why I only speak up on a subject that I'm 100% sure of what I'm talking about.. which ain't a whole hell of a lot!
all_coholic.gif
We take that chance all the time.
tounge.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,15:58)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:52)
(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,15
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:23) Only downside to making every request public is the complaining I've seen in the past over guys coming here and asking the same questions.  I've witnessed more than a few members only taking the time to say "go do a search on it" over helping 'em out...just an observation; can't have it both ways, either we're going to help out in the open forums to every question that comes along, or we have some designated help to answer the specific questions captain's getting...

Just my $.02  
beerchug.gif
I've seen my share of everything on this board, but typically someone steps up and helps. We can't help ourselves Barbie  
laugh.gif
That wasn't a jab, just noting that I've seen new members ask questions and sometimes they don't immediately get help...I've seen members say that they're sick of the same old questions over and over and to go search, while others will answer or find the links and post 'em up, so either we all agree we help with all questions in an open forum, no matter how many times you've answered it, OR we have a few members here helping to answer those questions that are being asked via the ticketing system...
Va, I can't wait to meet you in person, I understood exactly what you were saying, and I have witnessed some brutal stuff on here. The ticket being made a thread is the answer. Do you agree. I will be more sensitive to the issues you raised in the future. I'm just getting started here.

<embed src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF100%252F0%252F8%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100" height="120" name="transport" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" flashvars="code=F100/0/8&partner=ZSzeb110_ZNfox000" />
Dude, I had my finger on the ban button until you redeemed yourself there
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

No, I do agree, just pointing out that if we opt to go that route, members had better step up and help, AND MOST DO, without the "go search" or "jeez, that's been asked a million times!"

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I like making the new members feel welcome and help 'em out because this place can be quite overwhelming for someone that's just joined...

I bring on the threats of bodily harm and banning along with my plans for world domination only AFTER they've been here, oh, 30 days
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,16:05)
(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,15:58)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:52)
(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,15
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:23) Only downside to making every request public is the complaining I've seen in the past over guys coming here and asking the same questions. I've witnessed more than a few members only taking the time to say "go do a search on it" over helping 'em out...just an observation; can't have it both ways, either we're going to help out in the open forums to every question that comes along, or we have some designated help to answer the specific questions captain's getting...

Just my $.02
beerchug.gif
I've seen my share of everything on this board, but typically someone steps up and helps. We can't help ourselves Barbie
That wasn't a jab, just noting that I've seen new members ask questions and sometimes they don't immediately get help...I've seen members say that they're sick of the same old questions over and over and to go search, while others will answer or find the links and post 'em up, so either we all agree we help with all questions in an open forum, no matter how many times you've answered it, OR we have a few members here helping to answer those questions that are being asked via the ticketing system...
Va, I can't wait to meet you in person, I understood exactly what you were saying, and I have witnessed some brutal stuff on here. The ticket being made a thread is the answer. Do you agree. I will be more sensitive to the issues you raised in the future. I'm just getting started here.

<embed src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF100%252F0%252F8%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100" height="120" name="transport" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" flashvars="code=F100/0/8&partner=ZSzeb110_ZNfox000" />
Dude, I had my finger on the ban button until you redeemed yourself there

No, I do agree, just pointing out that if we opt to go that route, members had better step up and help, AND MOST DO, without the "go search" or "jeez, that's been asked a million times!"

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I like making the new members feel welcome and help 'em out because this place can be quite overwhelming for someone that's just joined...

I bring on the threats of bodily harm and banning along with my plans for world domination only AFTER they've been here, oh, 30 days
I feel violated, and that's alright as long as I'm not banned

jump9.gif

I volunteer!, I do all my own work, cosmetics, modding to the extreme, build my own motors, have played and built turbo's, NOS etc.... Have experience for the street , been riding since 86', drag, track, u name it, ridden everything there is to ride, My specialty is Busa's, so i throw my name in the hat.

(guido4512 @ Mar. 30 2007,11:36) Uh -wait a sec. I don't have a prob with it, but.............
Isn't that what the whole board is about? Trouble with stuff?  People posting questions and posting answers about everything under the sun. And getting different views and anwers from all over.
Not just the original poster benefits .... all who read do.
That what the board is - a touble ticket - in a matter of speaking.
rock.gif
I know when I was putting my bike back together, I had guys on the board helping me figure stuff out till almost 3am.... That was on open forum as I ran into problems or a question I would post it and have someone answer almost immediately. Would it be easier to have a different way to reference specific issues or questions than just doing a search? Like a section that specifically names certain technical wrenching tasks more than just the open forum or a ticket section that someone is answering the same problems over and over again. The search feature can still be a little complicated to go through when you have to read an entire post to find your answer. I don't know, just my two cents.....

I wrench on EVERY car/bike/jetski I own. Only way to be sure if its done right. I'm no busa guru though. I would be willing to work on bikes in PA, southern Chester co area. Thinking about starting a custom mechanical services business.

Cap,
You can put me on the list to help!
I can ans questions by phone or email heck in person is fine I can meet members in Queens and Long Island area. For any thing custom it will be required that they be able to atleast send pics!
PM sent

I would love to help out with something like this as the mechanical portion is right up my alley.

(NightCrawler @ Mar. 30 2007,13:34) I myself wanted to swap out the front sprocket to a 16T as opposed to swapping the rear to a 43T (blame Brock). But once I read that an impact gun was needed, I abandoned that thought. Yet still I'm sure if I persued that mod, members left and right would have helped me out.
For future reference...

Actually an Impact gun is not a requirement. You can put the socket on a 1/2" drive Long rachet or breaker bar, leave it in 1st gear and step on the rear brake while breaking it loose. Another option is a piece of wood through the rear rim above the swingarm to stop rear tire rotation. Assemble and tighten the nut to 105 Foot Pounds.

My advice is not to have a "designated hayabusa.org technical help" because of liability.

As it is right now, the board isn't liable for the advice given be me for example. But if you made me the "hayabusa.org trouble ticket guru", then you might become liable if they screw up their bike due to bad advice.

I suggest that those type of trouble tickets are answered by informing them to post their questions in the "busa problems", "maintenance and do it yourself", and "riding skills/survival techniques" forums. That is the whole reason those forums are there.

As for the long time members sick of the same old questions. Tell them to stay out of those three forums unless they post something constructive. Now if the newbie posts in "general bike related topics" or "random thoughts", then its game on!

Post in the proper forums and I'm sure their questions will be answered.
biggrin.gif

(GMbusa @ Mar. 30 2007,09:26) I'm open to answer questions.    Though i'm not an expert, i have a good general understanding of the Busa and a helpful amount of common sense. I do all the work on my bike be it custom or general maintenence.  

Here's my cell,   540-223-3785  Paul
thats great , when is the ideal time to call ya if need be without disturbing your day or waking up the kids ,etc

thanks

boaz
beerchug.gif

(guido4512 @ Mar. 30 2007,12:36) Uh -wait a sec. I don't have a prob with it, but.............
Isn't that what the whole board is about? Trouble with stuff?  People posting questions and posting answers about everything under the sun. And getting different views and anwers from all over.
Not just the original poster benefits .... all who read do.
That what the board is - a touble ticket - in a matter of speaking.
rock.gif
double +1
beerchug.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Mar. 30 2007,20:24) My advice is not to have a "designated hayabusa.org technical help" because of liability.

As it is right now, the board isn't liable for the advice given be me for example.  But if you made me the "hayabusa.org trouble ticket guru", then you might become liable if they screw up their bike due to bad advice.

I suggest that those type of trouble tickets are answered by informing them to post their questions in the "busa problems", "maintenance and do it yourself", and "riding skills/survival techniques" forums.  That is the whole reason those forums are there.

As for the long time members sick of the same old questions.  Tell them to stay out of those three forums unless they post something constructive.  Now if the newbie posts in "general bike related topics" or "random thoughts", then its game on!  

Post in the proper forums and I'm sure their questions will be answered.  
biggrin.gif
I am willing to help out CAp, but I think Charles has a good point
rock.gif

Back