What kind of rearsets are you guys running?

(bonedust @ Sep. 14 2006,13:13) after riding on aftermarket rearsets OEMs feel like junk. better foot position, smoother shifting, and better looks....id NEVER go back!!
Ditto!!!!

Gilles Tooling Rearsets on all 3 Bikes,

(Makes for a SMOOTH transition From a streetable GSXR 1000 to a Track Bike, to a Busa) gives a sense of commonality and comfort zone!!

There are definitely some Beautiful Rearsets on the market these days, it's back to personal preference and Style!

But you will never go back to Stock once you switch!

Need to get a close up of the gilles, just enough gold for balance.
AND, the Tank cover is GONE! Looks much better without!

P9121817__Small_.JPG

... i got Vortex's rearset and very happy
smile.gif

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I also have Vortex on mine and love them. They shift so much smoother and the rear breaks seem to have a better feel to them. Just returned from the Texas Hill country and wasted a front tire,but the rear sets gave me a better feel and are in a better place for me.
race.gif

(bigoltool @ Sep. 14 2006,04:36) You can use em to get your feet up and back for more ground clearance, down and forward for more comfort, Basically just to tailor the ergonomics to your particular desire. On a roadracer you use your feet a lot (more than you think) to steer so they help optimize placement. Plus most of them look trick and have nice bearing at the pivots for better control too!

The Cycle cats are on my wish list!
very well said!!

From the roadracer (and canyon)point of view, foot position and shifting is in constant motion. You want the peg to be SOLID MOUNT and adjusted for ground clearance, ergos and to where you can grip the tank best with your legs. This puts much less strain on your lower back, wrist, hands and forearms. Also the "deathgrip" on the handlebars are known to cause mild tankslappers as well.

with the solid mount thing: imagine trying to tuck in your foot in a corner using your OEM collapasable peg only to find when your foot returns, there's no more peg and plenty of asphalt.
eek2.gif

I sell the Vortex, Protec and Gilles brand rearsets. Guys, hit me up for some prices.

Back