What kind of chain for a streched busa??

webbashl

Registered
I'm waiting to install a new arm I bought for my busa, it's a 7-14" adjustable and planning on putting it at 10". I'm confused at all the different kinds out there i.e x ring, oring , no ring, rollers, drag etc. I'm not going to be racing on the track more a poser. I found a drag chain with no rings in it that was a 160 links and liked the price of 168 bucks. Any insight would be great thanks!!

A l-o-o-o-o-ong one...

sorry, couldn't resist!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, you want O or better yet X ring chains unless it's a race bike. Race bike only has to last one race.

Rings retain lubricant for the chain, greatly increasing longevity. Go for a DID or RK chain, you can't go wrong.
smile.gif

ZVX2 in 150 links will be fine for what you want.lmk if I can get one for you.

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 30 2007,12:14) ZVX2 in 150 links will be fine for what you want.lmk if I can get one for you.
are you referring to the 530 ZVX2? What kind of price are we talking about?

i think you shold be asking about what kind of shock n spring for that stretch... the chain is the easy part.

the leverage is different (longer arm) to soft of a spring copmression & rebound will be off too.

(Commuta_Busa @ Oct. 01 2007,10:02) i think you shold be asking about what kind of shock n spring for that stretch...  the chain is the easy part.
He is making a poser bike out of it,tighten shock spring down alittle.If you decide to go hardcore racing,get shock revalved/resprung...

(GoldenChild @ Oct. 01 2007,10:46)
(Commuta_Busa @ Oct. 01 2007,10:02) i think you shold be asking about what kind of shock n spring for that stretch...  the chain is the easy part.
He is making a poser bike out of it,tighten shock spring down alittle.If you decide to go hardcore racing,get shock revalved/resprung...
oh.. sorry... in that case just make sure everything is chrome.
beerchug.gif
and pick aaany chain you want with o-rings.

Back