What kind of brush

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Getting ready to go to Home Depot and get a gallon of kerosene. Someone recommended use a brush as well. Any suggestions?

TIA

Don

One of these maybe ?

basil_brush.jpg

Only kidding...
biggrin.gif

An ordinary small paint brush...Something like 3/4 or 1 inch...

bigdr - OMG Basil Brush... used to watch that show in England when I was a kid. Now, that brings back some memories. The BBC had some pretty wild shows back in the 70's.

I just cleaned my chain this weekend. Used a stiff plastic bristled brush with deisel fuel (could not for the life of me find anyone that carried kerosene) By the end, the brush was pretty beat up, and was no longer useful. Perhaps if my chain were not so dirty it may have held up better...
biggrin.gif

I just cleaned my  chain this weekend. Used a stiff plastic bristled brush with deisel fuel (could not for the life of me find anyone that carried kerosene) By the end, the brush was pretty beat up, and was no longer useful. Perhaps if my chain were not so dirty it may have held up better...
biggrin.gif
Pseudo, first of all nice avatar. My wife is a graphic artist and an Adobe certified trainer as well. She thought is was nice work. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

You can find kerosene at Lowe's in the paint section. About $8 a gallon. I used a synthetic 1" wide paint brush that I cut off with scissors down to about an inch long. Worked great, I used WD-40 before and I will tell you this, same procedure 2 differences:

1. The kerosene did a better job of cleaning.
2. Less "fling-off" of the chain wax.

JMHO

Don

Back