What kept me busy during the outage...

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Just thought we could share some stories.

This is what I discovered before putting up the RV on Monday afternoon. It is the auto transfer switch for the Genset or Shore power. The wires going to the RV (on top) had a bit of a problem. I am guessing that one of the connections got loose and caused the meltdown. A new transfer switch, new wire, and about 5 hrs labor and we were all set. It was 95 degrees and working in full sun changing this thing. It was HOT!

What did you do?

YardSale014.jpg

StuffForSale002.jpg

StuffForSale001.jpg

Worked on getting the bike back into one piece...waiting on one part from Zuk which should be here tomorrow! Then I can fire it up, check for leaks and make sure it's all good...then try to get it tuned. :)

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

no offense 2brothers, but GUESSING that a wire come loose, dont sound good...hope thats all it was, for sure keep an eye on that thing...or mount a smoke detector near there???

wow that is quite the mess for just a loose wire. have you used it since then? i mean since ya fixed it? hope all turned out well with it.

My gf had back surgery on Monday morning, so I spend most of the time at the hospital, now Im taking care of her at the house, not much riding for me for a while.

An RV is a moving earthquake rolling down the road. To make the assumption about the damage seems spot on. These wires are part of the two phase 50 amp feeder for the RV. Drawing 50 amps on a loose connection could most certainly cause the damage shown. You can bet I'll add "check ATS wire leads" to my periodic maintenance.

Back