What is your profession ?

Used to assist the fire department ~ when they could not find our valves *

Hydrant hit.jpg

9 times out of 10 they would get it off ~ but that 10% of the time I was their HERO *

QC lab tech for last 4 years.
I measure/inspect some of the incoming and outgoing parts for production.
Basically a big production machine shop in the automotive field, making fuel and ac valves. Employs 200+ at this location.
I have free run of the plant, 1 boss(QC manager) then the plant manager.
I use measuring equipment in the QC lab, or about the plant as needed.
I work days mon-friday with a set but flexible schedule, in a very laid back setting, and live 3 miles away. With great pay, vacation and benefits.
Coming from being a mechanic, factory worker/machine operator, truck driver, delivery driver, and community college drop out, having worked all days, hours, and shifts, I truly have it made and love my job.
I thank God for it.
I consider myself truly blessed.

20160907_111454.jpg

20180118_111240.jpg

20180118_111253.jpg

Retired Corrections Officer doing everything Central Control, transports, federal marshal transports & ICE, CERT Team, Hostage Negotiator of regional team , prior to that ran a juvenile facility in NJ for 12yrs worked my way up from entry position. Was a bouncer then head bouncer at different clubs during both of these jobs. Now do security for a hospital with other retired Officers/Troopers. So basically I have been getting paid to deal with /control people with issues most of my life.

Started as a apprentice carpenter at age 18 , did residential framing here in the Arizona desert for the next 30 years. Most of that time as a foreman running crews but still busting ass all day because if my crew saw me work hard then they knew I would expect it from them. The old lead by example trick. During those years I obtained my General Contractors license and built myself custom homes on weekends and after work hours to move into , hold for a year or two, then sell for profit. I was the lone construction guy on the block living among doctors, bankers and lawyers. Was odd to see my framing truck/ generator parked on the golf course lot. Then moved to Chicago and did 6 years in the carpenters union. Basically told to slow my roll, as they like to make the job last here. After Chicago moved back to Arizona (minus the wife, divorce is soooo sweet) then did side work , remodels, general house repairs etc. for cash under the table for 2-1/2 years. Had more work than I could handle and the pay was great but no insurance or benefits. Hence my current profession as a Felonious Babysitter. I tell my coworkers this is the easiest job I have ever had and feels like theft. Most of the guys in prison are the same type of guys that I worked with in the construction industry.

Senior Applications Engineer Lead
Senior Applications Engineer
Applications Engineer
Graduated with Bach Computer Science
System Analyst 3
system analyst 2
system analyst
Got Bored changed Careers Graduated College Associates Computer Science
1st grade engineer
2 grade engineer
3rd grade engineer
lead maintenance mechanic
maintenance mechanic 3
maintenance mech 2
maintenance mech 1
maintenance mech apprentice.

LOL

Owner operator.
Over the road in US lower 48 states.
You name it, a driver delivered it !!

View attachment 1593978
Cool rig!! I love driving and have always been interested in those cool trucks I see out on the road, so figured I would look into getting a license to learn how to drive these awesome machines and even make some side money, if possible. I quickly changed my mind when I found out about the cost of those trucking schools.

I got a pretty crappy job really . . .
I ride Suzukis and BMWs and try to service/repair them on a daily basis.
Mon-Fri, 40 hours a week.
Pay is OK, people are great being ALL motorcycle fanatics! *
I was a car mechanic for 35 years at dealerships and a few country garages, interesting work some of the time, but some of the car fanatics disliked me coz I was a biker and promoting it daily, emphasising things like power to weight ratios and how there is soooo much more skill in riding a motorcycle etc . . . didn't go down too well I guess lol.
So at the age of 60 I applied for a mechanics position at the local Suzuki/BMW dealership and the rest is history, lovin' it!

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

I got a pretty crappy job really . . .
I ride Suzukis and BMWs and try to service/repair them on a daily basis.
Mon-Fri, 40 hours a week.
Pay is OK, people are great being ALL motorcycle fanatics! *
I was a car mechanic for 35 years at dealerships and a few country garages, interesting work some of the time, but some of the car fanatics disliked me coz I was a biker and promoting it daily, emphasising things like power to weight ratios and how there is soooo much more skill in riding a motorcycle etc . . . didn't go down too well I guess lol.
So at the age of 60 I applied for a mechanics position at the local Suzuki/BMW dealership and the rest is history, lovin' it!

View attachment 1594001

View attachment 1594002

View attachment 1594003

View attachment 1594004

View attachment 1594005

You win

For the past 21 years I’ve been arresting people. The last 9 of those 21 I’ve been in the computer division dealing with everything from camera systems to servers to mobile computers in the cars. Finished up in there running the division. Now back on the street.

Prior to this, I was a diesel mechanic which I absolutely loved but at the time the pay wasn’t great. Loved coming home filthy.

Prior to that USMC where I was a diesel mechanic.

Back