What is your Internet Speed?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So I live in rural America and over the years my Internet has lagged in performance in comparison to friends that live just a few miles away in more urban areas. I currently get about 45mb down and 7mb up but some competition has come in and is going to blow things up. Yesterday they started the install for Fiber to the house which will give me 1gb up and down with the potential to go to 10gb if I could afford it. :)

In a couple of weeks they will be completely done with the install and I will not know what to do with the drastic change from 45mb to 1gb...

That trencher had a blade on it and it had super fast vibration up and down and almost sliced through the ground as it inserted the cable right behind it. Took about 15 minutes to lay 140 feet... Was super impressed with the whole process, they drove over the "Slice" in the ground and smashed it back down it was hard to even see.

So what do you currently have at home?

Cap

I dont have fiber but i have 1gb. COuldnt live without it working remotely from home when i do.

Fiber isn’t always consistent with 1gb up/down either. These companies will always throttle us. It’s a pita

8.39 down and a whopping .91 up here in the Sierra foothills. But, I have no complaints as it works quite well surprisingly.

Best internet from the only provider in far west Chicago suburb. Kids bitch about gaming constantly. Real slow with multiple devices streaming.

Yesterday they started the install for Fiber to the house

Hi Doug,

Curious how this works. So the box you show has fiber going to it. But then is there also fiber going to the modem? Or is that box the modem?

Back