What is up with these popup video adds? Technical difficulties...

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
That keep just popping up while reading the threads? And lock the page so that no matter how bad you try to scroll down, they hold the page in place..and can't be paused?

IE 11; Charlie is having same issue with Chrome...So it's not browser specific...they are Flash adds....

Windows 10 using IE 11 and no issues. Try addblock plus add-on for IE?

Maybe you caught a bug and is taking control of your pc to some extent.

Run Windows Defender and a program like Malwarebytes(they have a free version) and see if you have anything unwanted on your pc.

Strife said, they're in your machine.
Add Defender and Ad-Aware will help keep new ones out, but you may have to go into the add - delete
section in the Control Panel and find the offenders and remove them.

I use malwarebytes better than those others. Only happening in the .org nowhere else. Twobrothers reports same with Chrome. Here is pic of offender..

image.jpg

you have a bug or malware...sneaky little buggers...what have you installed lately or changed. thats probably when it was added. Run malbytesware it will snag it prob...also check your add ons etc in ie and chrome. it is hiding there somewhere

Malwarebytes full scan reports it (my home machine) clean. Not having the issue (so far today) on my office machine (IE10 not IE11) so I'm gonna go look deeper...

Not doing it this morning yet so I can't compare...I've got my home machine remoted and both on the site to see if I can replicate across machines...

Haven't been able to get it to repeat today for last hour plus...

I was having this problem. The page would auto scroll to where ever the ad was playing. Extremely aggravating! I reinstalled ad block and it's all better now.

Back