What is this metal rod?

It's plastic and appears to be part of the right side inner panel.
Maybe someone broke it off performing service or maintenance?

It is a plastic rod that simply aligns inner panel is all...picture thief...:poke:

Heres another so you dont have to steal it...prolly did the same thing in High School didnt ya..copycat !
:laugh:

Part #12 in radiator page for Suzuki 2009 Hayabusa
SKU: 17771-15H00
SHIELD, HEAT

here...Babbitts Sports Center | Arctic Cat OEM Parts | Can-Am (Bombardier) OEM Parts | Honda OEM Parts | Kawasaki OEM Parts | Polaris OEM Parts | Sea-Doo OEM Parts | Ski-Doo OEM Parts | Suzuki OEM Parts | Yamaha OEM Parts
$15.30

anything else sweety...:welcome:

FAIRING TUTORIAL 008.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 009.jpg

rad mount.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, But are you sure part #12 is the metal rod part I am missing cuz part #12 in the illustration dosent look like a metal rod?

Thanks.

its not a metal rod. its a plastic rod thats molded in with the upper heat shield. see the two "rods" sticking off the front in the diagram thats them. one on each side

Seems like i had to lean the radiator out at the top to slide it in or something, can't remember broke mine at around the 2nd or 3rd time i pulled the fairings, moral of that story was don't pull your fairings when its 28 degrees in the garage without first applying heat... :whistle:

Same part/sku number as I listed above is same for 2008 .
At $15:30 online sounds like a fair deal .

Thank you Blanca Busa, I owe you one or two:laugh:

How important is it in having that part?
Can I still ride safe without it?

i never rode without but i can prob say its pretty important just like the clips at the bottom of the fairings. some how one of the push clips just disappeared and next thing i know going down the highway my right side fairing decided to jump ship

Thank you Blanca Busa, I owe you one or two:laugh:

How important is it in having that part?
Can I still ride safe without it?

If the heat shield is there than your fine.
If your only missing the little rod it aint gonna hurt anything at all.
Between the other push pins and trim piece that panle aint going anywhere.
Mentally me personally would have called them at 9:01 this morn after opening and ordered it.

i rode alot and rode fast without the little rod, i don't think your in dire straights, more of something to just sit there and bug you in the back of your mind.

Back