What is the tool you use..

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
After removing the 'cover' on the top tree,what is the tool I will need to remove the (2) Castle Top style lock nuts to be able to replace my top tree?

Thanks in advance.
beerchug.gif

(brendanp @ Dec. 18 2006,13:11) After removing the 'cover' on the top tree,what is the tool I will need to remove the (2) Castle Top style lock nuts to be able to replace my top tree?

Thanks in advance.
beerchug.gif
where is it?

runeight...

2171_42.gif

I would think that you would need one that works like a socket on a ratchet right?
I mean,you prolly need to torque it down to a spec. and how ya gonna do that if it is not?

(brendanp @ Dec. 18 2006,13:59) I would think that you would need one that works like a socket on a ratchet right?
I mean,you prolly need to torque it down to a spec. and how ya gonna do that if it is not?
+1

you need a socket for the castle nuts
there are 3 total - tree, engine, swing arm.

you can get them from suzuki. but they are Really $$$

ck w/ site sponsors i am sure they can hook u up...

or there is a guy on SH.org that makes them, but he has been out of pocket due to personal incidents. goes by Super. cant say that i have seem him post here

Yep, SUPER on the other board makes them. I do recall seeing him post that a couple tool maker friends might be making them while he is down.

(brendanp @ Dec. 18 2006,12:11) After removing the 'cover' on the top tree,what is the tool I will need to remove the (2) Castle Top style lock nuts to be able to replace my top tree?

Thanks in advance.
beerchug.gif
You dont need to remove that to remove the TOP clamp. Just the 32MM Hex is all.

Brendan,
If you know a good machinist, they might be able to cut down a socket for you or mill a rod....
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Shawn,you are not funny...
tounge.gif

Of course I can make it,i just dont want too...too boring
laugh.gif

Back