What is the OD or ID diameter of the Mid Pipe?

BowDown

Registered
I'm thinking of taking some screaming eagle mufflers w/turnout that I have laying around and modifying them to fit where the mid-pipe connects. Kinda like another exhaust I ran into on eBay.

Whats the OD or ID dimensions on that section of the stock exhaust?

the middle of the mid pipe has an O.D. of 60.4mm or 2.378 inches

Wow. So if I was to remove the muffler, and mid-pipe section... I would be left with a pipe that has an OD of 2-3/8" (on each side of the bike)?

SHOCKED.gif

No.
This is just a rough measurement, but, if you remove the mid pipe and attach to the header pipe ....the OD of the header pipe is 1.687 in. or 42.8mm

May be off a little I was on the garage floor with calipers and a glass of wine.

Awesome.

Thanks man!

I gotta dig those mufflers out of my garage and see what the dimensions are. I think they are 1.75" ID or OD. Don't remember.

Might be a fun experiment.
all_coholic.gif

Actually the stock mid pipes have a variable ID because of the baffling inside. Just an FYI.

Well I would remove the mid-pipe all together. I guess I really just wanted the header outlet ID/OD.

(thebbbusa @ Sep. 05 2007,00:29) Actually the stock mid pipes have a variable ID because of the baffling inside.  Just an FYI.
Yep then the exit cap tube inside necks down to 1.4 ID .

The header section is 1.75 OD where it meets the mid-pipe .

Back