What is the ideal number of bikes to own?

06 Busa
01 CR250
05 CRF50
72 Husqvarna 450WR
87 TRX250R
and I just picked up a 1986 KX500 that needs some TLC

-would love to have a Dual sport next

That bike must be fast did you see all the stickers:rofl: had to. I currently have 2, '03 pumpkin and '98 wing but would love to have a new gix 1000

Well According to Jan Leno about 14 bikes is a good number to have.
Check this puppy out. Remember these babies?

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/index.shtml

jay_180x100_SuzukiX6.jpg

1966 Suzuki X6 Hustler
Suzuki was born in 1909 amidst Japan's booming silk industry as a manufacturer of silk looms. Ever interested in expansion, Michio Suzuki decided to being producing automobiles in 1937, but after the war, the government proclaimed that civilian cars were a "non-essential" commodity." Realizing that the Japanese citizenry needed a cheap and reliable mode of transportation, Suzuki began focusing on the production of motorized bicycles. Rewarded for technological innovation with market share, Suzuki was manufacturing 6,000 motorcycles a month by 1954, when it officially changed its name to Suzuki Motor Co., Ltd.

When Suzuki introduced the X6 in the fall of 1965, it caused an immediate sensation. Developed with the goal of captivating the U.S. market, the Hustler was designed to be the fastest 250 cc motorcycle in the world. The bike featured Suzuki's first ever tubular steel double-cradle frame, and its air-cooled two-stroke sleeved aluminum cylinder engine was capable of just about 100 mph. Surprisingly sophisticated, this little engine achieved 100 hp per one liter cylinder volume, which meant it could outrun most of the bigger, faster bikes on the road. It featured automatic oil injection, but more importantly, it was the first six speed motorcycle ever to go into full production.

At the height of production, Suzuki produced over 5000 Hustlers per month, selling roughly 35,000 worldwide over the three years of its manufacture. When Jay was in junior high school, the Hustler was the hottest bike on the streets, but its modest price tag of just under $1000 was prohibitive. Luckily, a "Tonight Show" viewer came forward with this Hustler, which had been sitting in his garage for 40 years. Now Jay relives his youth with this classic rice rocket that still sounds like bees in a coffee can!

Last edited:
I would want:
My 08 Busa
1986 GSXR1100
1996 GSXR750
2008 SV650 track bike
TLR or RC51
Goldwing
CR150f
1990 RZ350
Katana 600/1340

I agree with an earlier post, as many as the garage can hold. Problem I have is others in the family have bikes too which takes space for future purchases....Rick

it's as as many as you can afford; a friend of mine has over thirty new bikes in his garage and trailer. Do you think he might have a compulsive buying disorder?:laugh:

Back