What is the countdown

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay so now that we have a few threads about the counter and plenty of people have seen it I will tell you what it is....

When that counter gets to zero we will be taking the site offline for at least 3 days. We have to make some adjustments to the server and patch some security features of the server. It will take some time to do and we can't rush it. The counter is a reminder of where to look, while we are working on all the fixes we will have the counter still there but counting to the time that we think we will be turning the site back on. There are some problems that we have to work out and this is the best time for Omar and I to be able to be together to get it done, we hope you understand.

So now its counting down to when we turn it off. When the site is off it will be counting down to when we think we will be turning it back on, as we go we will be making adjustments to the predicted time back on...

so...

You have plenty of time to get to the movie store.... we are giving you enough time to go pick up any upgrade to your computer or make arrangements for something to do at least Mon, Tues and Wed of next week.

I want you to know that there is a chance that the site could be down longer than 3 days but we wanted to have a goal......

Let me know if you need anything and please give us feedback if you need it...

Cap

Cap, has the site ever been down that long before? Guess we all should go out and ride!

Cap, has the site ever been down that long before? Guess we all should go out and ride!

Nope, we have accumulated a lot of code over the past 11 years. As we have switched servers as the site grew we always left the old code on the server. Now we have to go back and get rid of some of the old code, anyone remember the old upload center? Yeah its still there..... but not after next week.

With all the hacking that has been going on lately we wanted to take a proactive stance and just go tighted up what is out there and get rid of what we don't use....

Sorry folks but this is like a 50,000 mile code checkup for the site...

cap

Okay so now that we have a few threads about the counter and plenty of people have seen it I will tell you what it is....

When that counter gets to zero we will be taking the site offline for at least 3 days. We have to make some adjustments to the server and patch some security features of the server. It will take some time to do and we can't rush it. The counter is a reminder of where to look, while we are working on all the fixes we will have the counter still there but counting to the time that we think we will be turning the site back on. There are some problems that we have to work out and this is the best time for Omar and I to be able to be together to get it done, we hope you understand.

So now its counting down to when we turn it off. When the site is off it will be counting down to when we think we will be turning it back on, as we go we will be making adjustments to the predicted time back on...

so...

You have plenty of time to get to the movie store.... we are giving you enough time to go pick up any upgrade to your computer or make arrangements for something to do at least Mon, Tues and Wed of next week.

I want you to know that there is a chance that the site could be down longer than 3 days but we wanted to have a goal......

Let me know if you need anything and please give us feedback if you need it...

Cap

:banghead:

3 days.....or more!

I'm contacting my lawyer to make sure this is legal.
Do not do anything until you hear from him.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :cry::cry: Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, we have accumulated a lot of code over the past 11 years. As we have switched servers as the site grew we always left the old code on the server. Now we have to go back and get rid of some of the old code, anyone remember the old upload center? Yeah its still there..... but not after next week.

With all the hacking that has been going on lately we wanted to take a proactive stance and just go tighted up what is out there and get rid of what we don't use....

Sorry folks but this is like a 50,000 mile code checkup for the site...

cap

Since many of us are going to have extra time, would it speed things up if we all showed up to help? :laugh:

:omg:::9 Thank god I got my graphics card for my PC I'll be on Eveonline if anyone needs me :laugh:

WHAT!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! :sadlike: :sadlike: This means that I will actually have to do WORK while at work! :shocked: This is not good.. I think I will extend my leave a few more days!

Ok I want everyone to take a deep breath and back up.....

Man-suit-gun.jpg

Ain't nobody touchin nuthin!

My name is Francis but if you call me that......I'll kill ya'!
If you touch that server.....I'll kill ya'!
Omar if you help......I'll kill ya'!
If I have to go orgless for three days...................I'm killin everyone!

:laugh:

Back