WHAT IS THE BEST EXHAUST SET UP ?

bigdog2005

Registered
WHAT IS THE BEST PIPE SET UP FOR THE BUSA....AND I MEAN TYPE AND IF TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE ....I'M LOOKIN FOR THE THE MOST HP AND TQ......YEEEAAH OKAY!!!

I would have to say the HMF Dual High Mount,coupled with a PC3 usb with the acropovick map, the busa is awsome!!! Just be carefull when installing, use all the heat protection that HMF gives you and wrap the header tubes with the thermal wrap thats available at summitt or any performance parts center.You wont be dissapointed and the look and sound is unrivaled.

DSCI0062.JPG

Wow, NJ, a couple more things done to the bike. Lookin' good. Like the paint job. Still in search of the best pipe. Lots will say HMF, Muzzy, BDE GEN 3, but I have no personal experience with any of them yet.

As far as a 4-1 goes, I have a Yosh TRS full system with the Carbon can, I think it looks and sounds great..

Thanks BS, I had no luck finding the orange, so after seeing another bike on this sight very similar to this I came up with my own colors.How are things in your nick of the woods?

I love the look of the dual high mount HMF. Three questions
1. How was the install
2. Where did you purchase
3. Why the Acro map. Is there one specifically for the HMF?
Great looking busa

will the HMF dual hi mount allow clearance of the pipe between the rear foot pegs and the swing arm top brace if you slam the bike down 3 inches with the dog bones?
I am gonna be runnin the bike a little bit next year but i love that dual exhaust for the street......

Whenever a question like this is raised, it always comes down to what the board member already have.  I mean after all, only a few of us have experience with more than 1 or two of the many choices out there.  I chose my HMF dual highmounts primarily for the look, second for the sound, and third for the HP gain.  I use a PCIII Usb with a custom map (Thanks D.J.), and it has awesome sound and performance.  Is it the "best"?  I don't know, but it sure works for me.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

My Muzzy 4 into 1---In Ti--rocks my world--It becomes a personal choice--any of the name brand
Systems will perform alot better than stock as long as you have good map to go with it. I have a PCII and a decent map..@ 5000' feet and semi humid day i got 146.69 RW..translates to 167.8 on a cool day at sea level+ plus ram air 170...still does easy gas wheelies up here..WooHoo have not been to sea level yet..Sacramento one hour away when winter goes byby....
Got to ride 50 miles on Monday this week..whatta sweet ride..sound lightweight--POWER--rev's sooo much more freely with a good pipe. Have fun

Well you have to ask yourself.Am I looking for looks or performance?When I searched for a exhaust system I looked for performance 1st then looks.I'm not taking anything away from the HMF duall high mounts they look awsome. I was told though,if you want performance,stay away from high mounts because every time you make a bend in the pipe it restricks the flow of air resolting in loss of HP.Im sure that there will be a hp gain,it just wont be as good as a straight pipe system. Now for my choice of pipe and a few hours of research I picked up the Akrapovic Evo system.Since its full titanium with carbon can it lightened my bike by 25 pounds and added 10+ hp(with power commander and K&N).Muzzys full TI system is even lighter than that but probably a little less Hp.To me if you lighten a bike that weighs 550 pounds by 25 or 30 pounds thats addin performance allso.But when it comes to cost though,Full Ti systems are the spendiest so choice the best all around system that meets your budget.

Just to add--i could not afford a new system--found it used here on .org $760.00 to my door with the PCII..Scored!!! It was in perfect condition--and i lucked out guess---Yea ! even in steel with and aluminum can, same hp with abit more weight--no biggy on this scooter.

busawild did you have to have pc and k&n air box mod or was simply a choice.... i'm new but i've been reading alot and just want to know if i decided to go this route everything i need before i start buying parts......and did you install it all yourself ...if so...how... the nearest dyno to ft bliss tx i beleive is about five hours from here....and that just alittle to far for me rite now..<span style='color:red'></span><div align="left">[/Quote]

Whenever a question like this is raised, it always comes down to what the board member already have.  I mean after all, only a few of us have experience with more than 1 or two of the many choices out there.  I chose my HMF dual highmounts primarily for the look, second for the sound, and third for the HP gain.  I use a PCIII Usb with a custom map (Thanks D.J.), and it has awesome sound and performance.  Is it the "best"?  I don't know, but it sure works for me.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing
You can gain another couple HP by removing those front stickers!
laugh.gif

Heres why I chose the High Mounts: The look is awsome,the company (HMF) gives great support after the sale, and you still retain both passenger pegs. As far as the install goes: It wasn't that hard, just time consuming, I did alot of research on this sight and the only bad things I could find were complaints about plastics getting melted, having said that, wrap all the tubes with exhaust wrap all the way to the x-pipe and use all the stick on heat protection that HMF provides in all the specified locations.As far as the the Ackropovick map goes, I'm sure theres a specific custom map out there somewhere, but this is the map that HMF recommends.I dont know about the clearance issues when lowering the bike as my bike is at stock height. Its a personal decision you'll have to make after consulting with your check book or credit card. The HMF is probably a couple of hundred bucks cheaper than the top of the line titanium systems such as Ackropovick and the like and maybe even a tad heavier, but figured I could make up that difference with the spray and the busa looks a little weird to me with a single can. Again, its a personal choice you'll have to make on your own.Good luck, and research this sight, theres a wealth of info here coupled with some great people like BIGBS.Oh yeah, they sound great too!!!

Thanks BS, I had no luck finding the orange, so after seeing another bike on this sight very similar to this I came up with my own colors.How are things in your nick of the woods?
Actually things are pretty quiet, but you know what they say about that. Tell your wife hello and I hope to get back over there in the near future.

Back