WHAT IS STOCK HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE ON THE 05 BUSA

CASH$$$$

Registered
OK GUYS HERES THE DEAL...I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2005 BUSA 700 MILES ON HER...I DID A K&N FILTER,ALL SHORT STACKS IN THE AIR BOX,A TRE MOD,A POWER COMMANDER 3 USB,PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF MOD FROM SCHNITZ RACING,A FULL MUZZY EXHAUST 4-N-2-1,AND THE SMALL AIR BOX MODIFICATION THAT REMOVES THE FLAPPER VALVE....I TOOK THE BIKE TO OUR LOCAL DYNOJET APPROVED TUNING CENTER AND HAD THE BIKE PUT ON THE DYNO TO HAVE A CUSTOM MAP DONE....THE BIKE DYNOED 169.75 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER....105 FOOT LBS. OF TORQUE,.....AND DID 180 MILES PER HOUR IN 5TH GEAR...I WILL KNOW MORE WHEN I GET THE DYNO SHEET AS FAR AS TOP SPEED....???......SO MY QUESTION IS...MY MSO STATED THAT MY BIKE HAD 178.5 HORSEPOWER.....I KNOW THAT THIS WAS AT THE CRANK.....!!...SO IS THE AMOUNT OF HORSEPOWER TYPICAL FOR THE AMOUNT OF MODIFICATION I HAVE.??...I WAS KINDA LET DOWN IN A WAY...AND I WAS KINDA DOUMBFOUNDED IN ANOTHER WAY......SO COMMON GUYS...HBO...HELP A BROTHA OUT.....THE GUY AT THE TUNING CENTER SAID THE BUSAS HE BEEN DOING LATELY DYNOED ANYWHERE FROM 150-178 HORSEPOWER UNLESS THEY WERE TURBO OR RUNNING RACE GAS OR WERE FULL OUT RACE BIKES......SO I MAY BE GLAD AND I MAY NOT BE..??..

Stock busas dyno around 155-158 hp.   170hp isn't bad at all considering your mods.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112746969 -->

OK GUYS HERES THE DEAL...I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2005 BUSA 700 MILES ON HER...I DID A K&N FILTER,ALL SHORT STACKS IN THE AIR BOX,A TRE MOD,A POWER COMMANDER 3 USB,PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF MOD FROM SCHNITZ RACING,A FULL MUZZY EXHAUST 4-N-2-1,AND THE SMALL AIR BOX MODIFICATION THAT REMOVES THE FLAPPER VALVE....I TOOK THE BIKE TO OUR LOCAL DYNOJET APPROVED TUNING CENTER AND HAD THE BIKE PUT ON THE DYNO TO HAVE A CUSTOM MAP DONE....THE BIKE DYNOED 169.75 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER....105 FOOT LBS. OF TORQUE,.....AND DID 180 MILES PER HOUR IN 5TH GEAR...I WILL KNOW MORE WHEN I GET THE DYNO SHEET AS FAR AS TOP SPEED....???......SO MY QUESTION IS...MY MSO STATED THAT MY BIKE HAD 178.5 HORSEPOWER.....I KNOW THAT THIS WAS AT THE CRANK.....!!...SO IS THE AMOUNT OF HORSEPOWER TYPICAL FOR THE AMOUNT OF MODIFICATION I HAVE.??...I WAS KINDA LET DOWN IN A WAY...AND I WAS KINDA DOUMBFOUNDED IN ANOTHER WAY......SO COMMON GUYS...HBO...HELP A BROTHA OUT.....THE GUY AT THE TUNING CENTER SAID THE BUSAS HE BEEN DOING LATELY DYNOED ANYWHERE FROM 150-178 HORSEPOWER UNLESS THEY WERE TURBO OR RUNNING RACE GAS OR WERE FULL OUT RACE BIKES......SO I MAY BE GLAD AND I MAY NOT BE..??..
The dyno did not supply top speed in 6th? Just curious since I do not know how this works. I have the same mods as yours minus the airbox mod and Yoshi rs-3 full stainless race 4-2-1.

thats good increase in RWHP (170) considering that the sctock busa only outputs about 155 RWHP ....

Taking all your mods into consideration... The Full exhaust system is the only thing that adds HP! From what I see, its done its job ... given you about 15 HP ...

Most stock Busas I've seen dyno'd at dealers' spring Open Houses pull right around 156, so your mods seem to have been very effective.

Ed

OIK, I DONT HAVE A SCANNER OR I WOULD POST THE DYNOGRAPH'S ..........SO HERE ARE THE RESULTS......169.75 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER, 105.42 FOOT POUNDS OF TORQUE, 6TH GEAR ROLL ON TOP END SPEED OF 195 MILES PER HOUR, THE DYNO OPERATOR SAID THAT HE DIDINT UNDER STAND, THAT THE BIKE WAS STILL PULLIN LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN UNTIL IT RAN OUTTA RPM'S, HE SUGGESTED AN UPGRADED ECM MAYBE TO GET THE EXTRA RMP OUTTA HER....MAYBE AROUND ANOTHER 800 RPM, AND ABOUT 3-5 MORE HORSEPOWER......BUT ALL IN ALL I GUESS I AM SATISFIED.....THE PIPE IS A LIGHT TAN COLOR AND THE BIKE PULLS LIKE A MOFO.....I PUT ABOUT A 100 MILES ON HER YESTERDAY AND IT WAS LIKE RIDING A NEW BIKE AGAIN.....I GUESS I'M SATISFIED....BUT IT WAS ALOT OF MONEY FOR 20 HORSEPOWER...HE DYNOED A STOCK BUSA BEFORE I GOT THERE AND IT DYNOED AT 151 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER....SO I GUESS SOMEWHERE IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD OF 19-20 HORSEPOWER.........STOCK TORQUE WAS AROUND 89-90....SO I GUESS I GAINED 10-15 FOT POUNDS OF TORQUE AND ON THE TOPSIDE ABOUT 10 MILES PER HOUR.......?
rock.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bone stock busas make anywhere from 147-162 hp
if you did not get a baseline before you put the mods on then you will never see the gain. and you are talking about peak HP and torque.... who cares the main thing you should be looking at is the curve and not peak numbers. plus the pull should have been done in 4th with stock gearing or 5th if you where geared down.

OK...THE BIKE HAD A GOOD ARCHING TORQUE CURVE THANKS TO THE TRE..THE DYNO TECH SAID THAT BIKES WITHOUT THE TRE WERE ALL JITTERY ALL OVER THE TORQUE CURVE THANKS TO SUZUKIS ADVANCING AND RETARDING ......ALSO YES I DID GET A BASE LINE HP.152....STOCK TORQUE WAS 90 FT.#......TOP END RUN IN 5TH GEAR WAS 180MPH.....IN 6TH LIKE I SAID BEFORE WAS 195 MPH....I THINK HE SAID THEY USED 5TH GEAR BUT MY FIANCE' HAS MY DYNO SHEETS SO I CANT SAY FOR SURE....???

really the TRE did that for torque. damm and to think it only richens the fuel and if it did use the 5th gear timing map it would only be different in 1-4th gears not 5th and 6th and under 4K.
But if you do have a tre you need to map in 5th so you will not be lean in 5th and 6th. ofcourse you do the pull in 4th and it will be low readings becuase you are going to be too rich.
Follow that.

johnny...you are just too dam smart for your own good.....i may or may not have understood what the dyno tech said....all i know is that he said that all of the busas they do jump around all over the bottom of the torque curve...he said he could only attribute it to the tre...??...but it may also have alot to do with the exhaust..?.....the guy who did my bike has a phd in enginering, and is a pretty smart fellow and has all the dyotech certificates in his shop....??...so maybe there is a brain fart between me and him...like i said my fiance' has my papers.....

OK JOHNNY...I CALLED MY FIANCE' SHE SAID THAT HE DID DO THE DYNOTEC PULL IN 5TH GEAR...SPEED WAS 180 MPH,

I CALLED MY FIANCE' SHE SAID THAT HE DID DO THE DYNOTEC PULL IN 5TH GEAR...SPEED WAS 180 MPH,
Bunch of stuff for this thread in general -
When doing dyno testing on a dynojet dyno, especially on high hp bikes, like the Busa, you should use top gear -
One of the biggest problems with dj dynos is that the run is finished before the combustion chamber material reachs real world operating temperature. That means that whatever ignition timing and fueling works best "on" a dynojet dyno, isn't exactly what works best in the real world -
That explains why people go to the drags and end up fiddling around with the mixture on their pc3's to get best track performance. The same goes for people who use the TEKA SFI to tune their stock ECU's (w/o pc3's).
Using top gear on a dynojet still isn't enough load to equal the real world, but it somewhat better than using 4th gear. (why 4th, anyway??)
The "jittery" readings, w/o a TRE or Teka FIRE are an indicator of that low load dynojet problem... You don't feel that "jitteriness" when riding in the real world........ but... there it is..... on a dynojet. Adding more ignition timing makes it work on the dynojet, though... and it is snappier in the real world, too (in this case)
Yes- the TRE or Teka FIRE "do" actually work better in the lower gears but I can't seem to duplicate the <25% throttle statement that someone started! lol! It's certainly not that way on a gsxr1000!
As far as tuning in a certain gear with a TRE/FIRE, the difference in indicated a/f ratio has a lot to do with the effects of ignition timing a dj low combustion chamber material temps affecting alleged dj "a/f ratio", rather than the real amount of fuel delivered. That's been proven with people on this list who tested a customer's Busa and found that his dj dyno said that the bike was at 16:1 to 17:1 in some areas, even though it was making excellent power.....
Now, any engineer (if he thinks about it) should be able to tell you that if it was a "real" 17:1, the engine would simply fall flat on it's face, fully bogged down to "not able to run at full thottle" conditions - It's just chemically bizarre - too many oxygen molecules and not enough hydrocarbons to oxidize with - the air and fuel are so sparsely distributed that the domino-like process skips around and fades away -
So - the hoopla about "tuning to an a/f ratio", generated by an O2 sensor, in the "magic gear" on a dynojet or inertia dyno is a little overblown.
The actual different amount of fuel delivered in different gears, without a TRE/FIRE is actually very small, though the ignition timing is def. different in different gears.
Background - I design dynes and test routines and hold patents on dyno drive rollers, carburetors, ignition advancers and engine covers and have done work for just about every roadrace raceteam and most manufacturers, inc, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki , Yamaha, Muzzy, Yoshimura, Attack, Arclight, Vesrah, Belgarda, Vance and Hines -
Thanks!
Marc

<!--EDIT|Marc Salvisberg
Reason for Edit: "insesant rambling and can't spell"|1113151532 -->

yes I did John......but while I was there I also paid the dyno tech to make several more pulls.....cause I wanted to see top gear roll on to see the full top end....the 180 in 5th gear wasnt what I really wanted for my $200.00....I invested in my custom mapping that I had done specifically for my bike...It was done with specifics in mind....and I had to tell the tech each and every modification I had made to the bike...the Air Box Modification, the K&N Filter, the TRE, The 4 Short Stacks In My Airbox, The Pc3 USB, The Muzzy 4-N-2-N-1 Full System, and 93 Octane, and yes I was told to run 93 octane with the custom mapping I had done,This map was also done with Ram Air Blowers, On A Dynotech Dyno, All Bikes Will Not flow the same anyway,.....So in general Yes I did make 169.75 rwhp, 105.42 ft. # of torque,and 195 mph top end, its on paper,,,,,,out there in S.C. all birds dont fly the same either, .......Like the tech at MUZZY'S said just load our map in your power commander and it will be right on target, Well my tech said thats bull schnizt, no two bikes are gonna flow the same, and air density isint the same , and also the fact that there are different factoids in air,temp,and flow rates with each bike, my tech used heat sensing instruments to make sure motor,tire,and coolant temps were at operating temps, I think you need to talk with Marc about your 4th gear theory.......and I'm thinkin Marc's the man..!!!......sounds like he's got his schit together......I dont have to defend myself.....there are too many variables in the world to scwabble over crap like this we can go back and forth all day long.....you say no I say yes......and on and on and on..

Back