what is longest anyone has rode their busa straight?

We're planning a semi-organized Pashnit Tours SaddleSore 1000 in Sept 2012 & started working with City Bike Mag to cross-promote the event.

Nevada, here we come. Last time I did that sort of ride was on this!

11-Highway50FJ1200.jpg

nev-hwy50red-9.jpg

11-Highway50FJ1200.jpg

nev-hwy50red-9.jpg

papi,
when I did the IBA SS1000 last year, we averaged around 170 miles/tank (based on when low fuel light comes on) and on a few occasions, was able to stretch it up to 200 miles.
Hoping to do a Tour of Honor (ToH) ride combined with a SS2000 this weekend and will be packing a 2.5 gas can for insurance vs. stretches where a gas station is hard to find.

My reserve light comes on at 180-185 - and the light comes on at @4.3 gallons, which leaves you over a gallon. So 200 is easy as you should have at least 40 miles left. This is on the Gen2 FYI.

When I recently drained my tank, I ran it until the light came on (about 185 miles), then ran another 40 miles till the needle was all the way down. Pulled the tank and there was still about a third of a gallon in there :laugh:. So you have more left than you think.

And that ToH ride sounds like a blast, have fun, and make sure to post up your report when done :thumbsup:

My reserve light comes on at 180-185 - and the light comes on at @4.3 gallons, which leaves you over a gallon. So 200 is easy as you should have at least 40 miles left. This is on the Gen2 FYI.

When I recently drained my tank, I ran it until the light came on (about 185 miles), then ran another 40 miles till the needle was all the way down. Pulled the tank and there was still about a third of a gallon in there :laugh:. So you have more left than you think.

And that ToH ride sounds like a blast, have fun, and make sure to post up your report when done :thumbsup:

Very useful info...thanks a bunch. Below is how I plan to "skin this cat"
FINAL DAY 1 - Google Maps

FINAL DAY 2 - Google Maps

Ok i saw this thread and had to jump in ...last year me my father uncle and a few of his friends took a week to ride to canada spent 1700.00 dollars over 4,000 miles ten states and had the time of my life ...
all because everyone asked me arent you uncomfortable on that thing? ....big smile on my face nope not one bit....... i love my busa ....noone knows how comfortable these bikes are ....even the guys that ride with me find it hard to believe i got that far on a ( crotch rocket) ....i remind them its a sport tourer with tons of power, speed and agility .....anyway cant wait to take another loooong ride to see the world on two wheels...and sometimes ( cough cough) on one ..:laugh::whistle:

Ok i saw this thread and had to jump in ...last year me my father uncle and a few of his friends took a week to ride to canada spent 1700.00 dollars over 4,000 miles ten states and had the time of my life ...
all because everyone asked me arent you uncomfortable on that thing? ....big smile on my face nope not one bit....... i love my busa ....noone knows how comfortable these bikes are ....even the guys that ride with me find it hard to believe i got that far on a ( crotch rocket) ....i remind them its a sport tourer with tons of power, speed and agility .....anyway cant wait to take another loooong ride to see the world on two wheels...and sometimes ( cough cough) on one ..:laugh::whistle:

Preach it brother. :)

Looks like a good time. I wish they had ToH sites here in CO - might have to shoot out to UT before the winter get's here and do the sites there.

If you have enough sites there, then maybe contact Steve/Dave Brooks of ToH and suggest/recommend sites to them? Before you know it, CO will be part for 2012 :) Hitting the rack now, KSU @0300.

I woke up one morning and road from Orlando to Key west then over to Naples, Tampa and back to Orlando for 1,000 miles in one day on my 2008
Hayabusa which has 90,000 miles on it.

I did 945 miles yesterday, pile of it through some horrible Traffic around and through Toronto at the tail end. No urge to repeat, but it was a good day.

Just over 13 hours, 815 miles from Baltimore to St Louis, and then had to ride it up a ramp into a pickup in the airport parking lot with a bad case of the aforementioned numbness. The last four feet was the toughest :)

I need your help, i am ready to trade my Gold Wing1800 for a new or used Hayabusa. talk to me .
this is one on my bucket list. i have done THE RUN FOR THE WALL from tucson to WASHINGTON D.C. 5 TIMES
FROM NEW YORK LONG ISLAND TO DC. 6times. I will do my last one with my Hayabusa when I Turn 70 next year.
SO PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT. THANKS FROM THIS RETRED,

I need your help, i am ready to trade my Gold Wing1800 for a new or used Hayabusa. talk to me .
this is one on my bucket list. i have done THE RUN FOR THE WALL from tucson to WASHINGTON D.C. 5 TIMES
FROM NEW YORK LONG ISLAND TO DC. 6times. I will do my last one with my Hayabusa when I Turn 70 next year.

I did make some turns

Back