what is longest anyone has rode their busa straight?

740 miles for myself on the Busa in one day. My brother did that ride with me too on his zx14. He did about 815 miles from Atlanta, GA to irving, tx in one day on the 14.

Picked up the bike new in Santa Rosa CA- rode it home to San Diego CA the same day: 101 to Hwy 1- Golden Gate Bridge, Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Big Sur, San Simeon... The coast most of the way. Epic roads and with that "new bike excitement" to boot. 715 miles in 12 hours and an ear to ear smile the whole way. What a bike!! No Iron Butt here, but quite a memorable trip. The legs and throttle hand did start to whine a bit once I hit the super slab of I-5, but really not too bad. I've got her decked out now with the Buell peg mod, heli-bars, SW-Motech quick release luggage racks w/ Givi hard cases, Zero G double bubble, throttlemeister- she's a SPORTY sport touring machine hehe...

Well, I made it back... I left Alhambra, CA (El Gato - Mark's house) at 2pm and made it to St. George, Utah that evening. Hot ride, particularly going through 10 miles of closed traffic due to a forest fire - but loving the California lane splitting to make it on through. Decided to call it a night at St. George, Utah that evening about 9pm as I had been up since 2am CST to catch my flights out.

Day two was back on the bike at about 7:30am, a beautiful ride through Utah and Colorado. From my previous surgeries (ex-Rugby), I didn't think I was going to be able to ride one more mile by Denver, but took a fifteen minute break and did make it to Big Springs, Nebraska that evening about 10:00pm.

Day three was beautiful weather, but a brutally straight and flat ride through Nebraska and Iowa, arriving back at my house in Crystal Lake, IL at about 9:00pm.

In total, 53 hours (time change) from time of kickstand up to kickstand down. 381 miles the first day, 819 miles the second, and 798 the third.

I would do St. George to Denver again in a heartbeat, as it was beautiful! Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois - maybe pulling Toothless (which I have since named the bike from Training your Dragon fame with help from my son) behind in a trailer.

A world of respect for you guys with over 1k miles in a day... Amazing how much the stops at gas stations slow your average speed...

P1050006.jpg

P1050022.jpg

P1050002.jpg

P1050020.jpg

P1050007.jpg

Did El paso tx to yuma az. Not sure about miles. But it only took me 8hrs including stops.

Speaking about stops, I found myself stopping every 125 miles or so because of gas. What are you all getting for gas millage while touring gallon/tank.

We have another trip planned late oct. 1000 for the iba patch.

Going san diego thru phoinox via I-10 then thru albuquerque to el paso. Almost 1100 miles in 17 hrs.
Looking at bringing 7 bikes along for this trip.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Speaking about stops, I found myself stopping every 125 miles or so because of gas. What are you all getting for gas millage while touring gallon/tank.

the tank (except for the CA models) holds 5.5 gallons...when fully loaded and touring between 75-80 mph, i get 42 mpg...i regularly go over 200 miles between gas stops, just ride until the red warning light comes on and know that i have approximately one gallon left in the tank...try to find a gas station somewhere in the 15-30 mile range from there which is when the Zumo really comes in handy

worst experience was when i wasn't paying attention and was about 10 miles into a National Forest on the way to acehole's when the light came on, i ended up putting 5.253 gallons in when i finally got to a station...i had started thinking i was going to be pushing her and had slowed to 55 mph to get the best mileage possible :laugh:

We have another trip planned late oct. 1000 for the iba patch.

Going san diego thru phoinox via I-10 then thru albuquerque to el paso. Almost 1100 miles in 17 hrs.
Looking at bringing 7 bikes along for this trip.

good luck with that. i can never make miles riding in a group.
"i gotta pee.", "i need a smoke.", i forgot to fill up." "you ride too fast." bla bla bla..

the tank (except for the CA models) holds 5.5 gallons...when fully loaded and touring between 75-80 mph, i get 42 mpg...i regularly go over 200 miles between gas stops, just ride until the red warning light comes on and know that i have approximately one gallon left in the tank...try to find a gas station somewhere in the 15-30 mile range from there which is when the Zumo really comes in handy

Hey Semi, you do know our bikes have a 6th gear right,:rofl: I get between 60-65 mpg on trips :whistle:

Hey Semi, you do know our bikes have a 6th gear right,:rofl: I get between 60-65 mpg on trips :whistle:

i think we've had this discussion before :rofl: you just can't make a concrete block like me very aerodynamic and it also doesn't help that i'm about twice your weight :laugh:

Touche, good one, hope to see you again in the spring at Eureka.

amen brother, i'm already anxious for this winter to be over :laugh: i'll definitely see you in the spring if not sooner :beerchug:

Geez. 200 per tank? I wish. Best I got for mpg was 35. 60-65 no way my bus is getting that. I'm 220 or so without gear and I was packing about 100 lbs worth of saddle bags, tail bag, and tank bag.

good luck with that. i can never make miles riding in a group.
"i gotta pee.", "i need a smoke.", i forgot to fill up." "you ride too fast." bla bla bla..

Lol. These guys follow me around alot. They know 2 things: I don't EEF around in formation and I don't ride slow.

Every other trip I've been on or lead was a casual/pleasure ride.
THIS ride needs to be on schedual. If I plan this well enough there will be bikes meeting up with us in phonix and albuquerque. Maybe some from palm springs, but I hope not.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

even at 35, you should be able to go 175-180 miles comfortably (35 X 5 = 175) and leaves you with half a gallon just in case...i weighed around 295 without gear when getting that mileage and had two of the large Ventura bags loaded down, it really helped when i got her on the dyno (smoother, stronger, and better gas mileage)

even at 35, you should be able to go 175-180 miles comfortably (35 X 5 = 175) and leaves you with half a gallon just in case...i weighed around 295 without gear when getting that mileage and had two of the large Ventura bags loaded down, it really helped when i got her on the dyno (smoother, stronger, and better gas mileage)

Guess I had better get mine down to Johnny Cheese and get a dyno tune so I can get better gas milage, maybe 65-70 :laugh:

Guess I had better get mine down to Johnny Cheese and get a dyno tune so I can get better gas milage, maybe 65-70 :laugh:

i'm talking to normal people here, not those of you that can fit behind an OEM windscreen WITH a tankbag mounted :moon:

:lol: i don't even fit completely behind my double bubble and have to reset the Throttlemeister if i am leaned over and sit up because it will slow the bike down several mph :rofl:

i'm talking to normal people here, not those of you that can fit behind an OEM windscreen WITH a tankbag mounted :moon:

:lol: i don't even fit completely behind my double bubble and have to reset the Throttlemeister if i am leaned over and sit up because it will slow the bike down several mph :rofl:

Ahhh, so you have the air brake option on your bike :whistle:

I supose my milage would go down if I put plugs back in cyclinders 2 and 3, and used all 4 cyclinders :rofl: :rofl:

640 miles from Tahoe to home. I was so damn sore after that. Turns out, I do NOT have an iron butt!!!
But I got a neat pic with a dramatic sky from a wildfire close by.

398c894e.jpg

125 miles? That's low. I can get 200 miles on the main tank. Of course that depends on how I'm riding. But at a "touring" pace, 200 is easy.

Of course with the extra fuel cell on I can get 450 :laugh:

papi,
when I did the IBA SS1000 last year, we averaged around 170 miles/tank (based on when low fuel light comes on) and on a few occasions, was able to stretch it up to 200 miles.
Hoping to do a Tour of Honor (ToH) ride combined with a SS2000 this weekend and will be packing a 2.5 gas can for insurance vs. stretches where a gas station is hard to find.

Back