What is it worth?

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
As most of you know by now, I did a full fairing swap on my 2009 hayabusa and she is no longer white. For those of you wondering what the cost was............ You all know that fairings aren’t cheap, so including race ready color match dash panels($500), it was over $2500 dollars which completely blue my budget out the water. Even though it was an expensive “adventure” I love to feel like I just bought a new ride and now have the bike that I’ve wanted all along. I find myself going in the garage and looking at her or looking at pictures of her on my work computer. :hide:
All this being said, now comes the hard part of keeping in mind I’m not rich, so I can’t just keep stacking bike parts in the garage and I need to sell the white fairings to recoup money. Just the raceready dash panels cost $700 without exchange, so what do you guys think this full OEM body kit is worth? Here are some pictures, just ignore the road grime on the front fender, I just haven’t had a chance to detail this set.

63B0AD40-9B7B-4B91-A228-30ED8CCF9997.png

3160F5F0-A047-4A0D-AC11-9ADC2F80575C.jpeg

64CD2D11-353B-458A-8F8A-27254B7C1569.jpeg

44E2D139-9A6D-4ED3-8266-2007761B74C5.jpeg

DD61753B-DA18-4DC9-8972-8E5DE387F61D.jpeg

C14BA1F2-8D8C-4DF1-A4F1-B1DD9F12BC91.jpeg

BD129829-5E80-4918-BF40-EFCEF5332961.jpeg

6D0C0D30-2553-492B-AAD5-7DAF0CCE7E88.jpeg

05079B07-A153-4BAD-9C21-4A132DD34CF8.jpeg

7FD56CC5-1E5D-4E4F-AA5C-5A4840F441E0.jpeg

76CA6A21-B38C-480C-A3E6-5376A1F59ECB.jpeg

B24A6D37-497B-406C-96F9-F1B42707123D.jpeg

B3BA9243-D7AF-4874-9A15-E372421F5C6B.jpeg

42A1EFE3-E459-4BA0-B919-F197B7175A45.jpeg

I am in the same boat as you now, purchasing all OE fairings to replace the aftermarkets because of decaling and what not....
Realistically, $3,000 to $3,500
I would say a fair price for you to settle on would be $2,500.
Try to regroup your spendings on the swap and break even.

I am in the same boat as you now, purchasing all OE fairings to replace the aftermarkets because of decaling and what not....
Realistically, $3,000 to $3,500
I would say a fair price for you to settle on would be $2,500.
Try to regroup your spendings on the swap and break even.
The thing is, how many out there are as OCD as you and me? Most people would buy aftermarket, before they spent this kind of money on OEM fairings.

And you may not switch back, but it won't hurt to wait a few months and make sure. The fairings aren't costing you anything, and they won't lose value. Just my .02¢
Not sure if you’ve seen my other posts, so I’ll tell you a funny story. I walking into a dealership at the beginning of 2011 and told them I was there to purchase the gray/silver 2009 they had advertised as a new leftover bike and they said sure, let’s do some numbers. We agreed on a price and they sent the driver to the warehouse that was 40mins away, while we did the paperwork. We finished the paperwork and I’m in the waiting room when the salesman comes to me and says: “there is a problem, the driver just found the bike and is not gray/silver, it’s white”. I was running late for work and all the paperwork was already done, so I told them I would take it if they gave me some good discounts on some gear that I wanted, so they did. That’s how I ended up with a white bike. :laugh: I wanted a gray concours14 and bought one last year, but I made sure the color was right this time, before I made the drive to the dealership this time. :laugh:

96B23C63-9D62-40FA-AE07-78242938508A.jpeg

I’m curious, is it often that people need/want to buy a full set? I would think it easier to sell as individual pieces people need for damage replacements.
I would be curious too. There seems to be a lot of people on social media looking for full sets, but they always seem to look for aftermarket to save money, maybe I shouldn’t be so OCD and should’ve bought a China set, but @jeffgordons24 experience was what pushed me towards OEM.

The thing is, how many out there are as OCD as you and me? Most people would buy aftermarket, before they spent this kind of money on OEM fairings.
Well, I mean yea you do bring up a valid point.
I spent over $1,200 trying to get the aftermarket to be on point with the OE paint scheme and decal-ing. I guess maybe people who are indeed OCD and just want to do it once.

And you may not switch back, but it won't hurt to wait a few months and make sure. The fairings aren't costing you anything, and they won't lose value. Just my .02¢
Very valuable advice as I have been to often sell off things too quickly lol. I love helping out the community though so regardless for me it’s always a win in the end

Not sure if you’ve seen my other posts, so I’ll tell you a funny story. I walking into a dealership at the beginning of 2011 and told them I was there to purchase the gray/silver 2009 they had advertised as a new leftover bike and they said sure, let’s do some numbers. We agreed on a price and they sent the driver to the warehouse that was 40mins away, while we did the paperwork. We finished the paperwork and I’m in the waiting room when the salesman comes to me and says: “there is a problem, the driver just found the bike and is not gray/silver, it’s white”. I was running late for work and all the paperwork was already done, so I told them I would take it if they gave me some good discounts on some gear that I wanted, so they did. That’s how I ended up with a white bike. :laugh: I wanted a gray concours14 and bought one last year, but I made sure the color was right this time, before I made the drive to the dealership this time. :laugh:

View attachment 1596891
I've followed the adventure brother. I know you have wanted this from the beginning. But that white looked awful purty.....

I picked up a full and complete set of red, (which the bike is currently wearing) from a '17 model. Including all lights, tank, hump, 3 buckets of bolts, seats, inner panels, plus bits n pieces. The bike was bought for the engine to go buggy racing. Had 500kms on it when pulled down, just to run the engine in. The guy had them listed on ebay and no interest at the time. I grabbed the whole lot for $850 aud, which according to Dr Google, is about $610 usd..

I was laughing the other day thinking of you Miguel when my ColorRite package arrived.
$120 for this little 1/2 pint of our color.

View attachment 1596892

View attachment 1596893

View attachment 1596894
Yeap! I have spray cans for that color, as well as, spray cans for the white fairing set. I also took one of my side fairings to the Napa store that has one of those “paint readers” and had them make a can for the silver and blue on the decals and have those as well. Those paint readers are amazing and get the color spot on.

Yeap! I have spray cans for that color, as well as, spray cans for the white fairing set. I also took one of my side fairings to the Napa store that has one of those “paint readers” and had them make a can for the silver and blue on the decals and have those as well. Those paint readers are amazing and get the color spot on.

Interested in selling any of the white? I have a couple nicks that could use touch-up. I’d love to buy your hold set just to have spare pieces for any possible future damage replacements, but that’s no economically feasible.

Interested in selling any of the white? I have a couple nicks that could use touch-up. I’d love to buy your hold set just to have spare pieces for any possible future damage replacements, but that’s no economically feasible.
I’ll let you know if I decided to to part it out.

Back