What Is happening in your military with the Dont Ask Dont Tell Repeal.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So we had our Battalion wide official Dont Ask Dont Tell Brief which entailed what will be changing, how we should act towards the change, went through scenarios, and lots of questions were asked. It was a 4 hour ordeal :poke:

Basically I will highlight some changes that are happening but for the most part I am actually happy with how things are being taken. Nothing will affect the mission nor do I think there will be many problems with the very few changes being made.

- The military is NOT recognizing same sex marriages as of now until there is federal allowance of same sex marriages, not just state level. (Im sure this will come next after dont ask dont tell...
Because of this, Orders will not be issued out based upon preference to stay with or near a life partner. Orders are only issued based on this kind of situation to married couples. Life Partners will not receive military benefits of any kind nor military dependent ID's. That means no base housing for life partners and no military personnel can get Basic Allowance for Housing to live with a life partner. No extra tax dollars will be used.

- They will not be changing any room accommodations for sexual preference, It will stay male and female separation only. If anyone has problems with it they will have to deal with it. I personally dont care as long as they are a flamer :laugh:. No extra tax dollars will be used to build extra housing.

- Any kind of PDA acts that are not professional behavior will be unacceptable just like it is for any heterosexual military members and can be charged for conduct unbecoming. (This is on or off duty)

- Basically the military is just still treating it as a gender based as it did in the past. The liberals just get to say now gays can be open in the military. It really didnt do that much. We all just have to cut down on the gay jokes (which Im sure that wont happen too much). I am sure they will be a few discrimination cases in the future and they will crucify them to make a point.

- I found this funny when they mentioned this. Transexuals are still barred from military service (this covers cross-dressers :laugh:). Cross dressing does not show a professional military appearance. Obviously unacceptable.

- Military Chaplains can still preach however they want depending on what their religion believes which I believe almost all major religions are against homosexuality. No discrimination claims can be made against the chaplains.

- Homosexuals will not be tracked like race is. What I mean is, there will be no reports yearly to see how many Homosexuals were promoted like they do for minorities to make sure everyone is getting an equal opportunity. They can go completely unnoticed if they wish. No ones sexual preference will ever be asked of them.

These are just the major topics but pretty much covers all the major "changes" that are going on. This is how all of the information was presented to me and I am just relaying it so you guys can know what is truly going on inside the military. Well in this instance in the Marine Corps but it will be basically the same through all the branches of military service. Let the controversy begin! :laugh:

We will still accomplish the mission as we always have and will continue our service as America's Expeditionary Force in Readiness
- James F. Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps

Semper Fi
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As I 20 year veteran of the US Navy. I appreciate the time you took to post this up. Thanks for what you do and the freedom you defend.

Don

yeap got that brief a while back man......you know what i think about this subject and i'll leave it at that. don't want to start any beef again in the org lol if you remember the DADT thread that was an outrage :whistle:

yeap got that brief a while back man......you know what i think about this subject and i'll leave it at that. don't want to start any beef again in the org lol if you remember the DADT thread that was an outrage :whistle:

Yeah it was pretty bad. This was just informative but i still expected an argument or something. I was wrong :laugh:

That is interesting, but it is only the beginning. The things they are telling you that haven't changed will be changed, only it bits and peices a little at a time. "Life Partners" ?? yeah, right....Now that the outright ban is removed...the lesbian/gay agenda will start working on each one of the bullets above, just one at a time ("That's not fair!") - 10 years from now, we'll see if it is as it is today - but by then it will be too late to stop or reverse it....

Thank you for taking the time to make the post.

Although I don't agree with the New Policy I think we have better things to Worry about Like the Culture of our Society and CHINA

That is interesting, but it is only the beginning. The things they are telling you that haven't changed will be changed, only it bits and peices a little at a time. "Life Partners" ?? yeah, right....Now that the outright ban is removed...the lesbian/gay agenda will start working on each one of the bullets above, just one at a time ("That's not fair!") - 10 years from now, we'll see if it is as it is today - but by then it will be too late to stop or reverse it....

Thank you for taking the time to make the post.

Yeah I am sure the next thing on the liberal agenda is national observation of gay marriage rather than just state by state.

you know us, def down for a good argument hahaha, at least we are on the same side.

Hell yeah! :beerchug:

And I forgot to mention that Dont Ask Dont Tell is not technically repealed until EVERY member in the military service has received the brief then congress will enact a 60 day countdown until DADT is finally gone for good

Yeah I am sure the next thing on the liberal agenda is national observation of gay marriage rather than just state by state.

Absolutely it is. They military was always the way to force it on individual states - that was known from the start. You wern't naive enough to believe this was ever only about the military, were you?

Absolutely it is. They military was always the way to force it on individual states - that was known from the start. You wern't naive enough to believe this was ever only about the military, were you?

Of course not. There was no real reason for them to allow gays to be open in the military because it wont affect anything besides getting so much media attention and to use a wedge to get their agenda further along

I am glad I only have 3.5 years left until I am eligible for retirement. The military is not what it used to be, that is for sure.

I am glad I only have 3.5 years left until I am eligible for retirement. The military is not what it used to be, that is for sure.

Sous, I did 26 years. I just regret I can't do it all over again.

The life partner thing will fall the quickest. The military will have to deal with Guardsmen whos states recognizes their union.

The life partner thing will fall the quickest. The military will have to deal with Guardsmen whos states recognizes their union.

It will not fall until national legislation recognizes same sex marriages. Doesnt matter what state they are from and what the same sex marriage laws are there.

And that will not fall as long as good conservatives are voted into office

It will not fall until national legislation recognizes same sex marriages. Doesnt matter what state they are from and what the same sex marriage laws are there.

And that will not fall as long as good conservatives are voted into office

Once a state regognizes it, their ANG/AFNG will recognize it. The dependants of AD Guardsmen recieve ID cards. How are the feds going to stop what goes on in a state?

Unfortunately, I know conservatives that are pushing for civil unions.

Once a state regognizes it, their ANG/AFNG will recognize it. The dependants of AD Guardsmen recieve ID cards. How are the feds going to stop what goes on in a state?

Unfortunately, I know conservatives that are pushing for civil unions.

What is this Guardsmen? Are you referring to military? Im just wondering so i know if I am speaking relatively for the topic or not. Never heard that term used to describe military and wondering if you are on a different subject than Im thinking

They wont recognize them as a dependent, they stated that quite clear. They wont stop what goes on in a state. They just wont give military benefits to them.

Guardsmen = National Guard Members. National Guard are a part of the state but can be activated under thier associated military branch (Army/Air Force). It is not uncommon for Guardsmen to fill active duty military positions for extended amounts of time. When I was in Okinawa, there were several Guardsmen and their families stationed there.

Guardsmen = National Guard Members. National Guard are a part of the state but can be activated under thier associated military branch (Army/Air Force). It is not uncommon for Guardsmen to fill active duty military positions for extended amounts of time. When I was in Okinawa, there were several Guardsmen and their families stationed there.

Ahhh ok. Yeah that makes sense then. I dont know guess we will just have to wait and see what happens

Back