What is a TRE

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
hehe, i got a little bored on another board and was quite proud of my effort.. so I thought i'd share..

a tre is a mythical device guaranteed to make slow people fast, and fast people ubelievably fast.

advanced riders may be able to utilize the highly sophisticated "smart" tre that actually scans the rider to determine his natural ability and adapts the bike for maximum performance available based soley on talent, or lack of talent. Thusly it is a device worth far more than the $1.92 it costs to manufacter (including fancy stickers & packaging) and is subject to mark up percentages in the 1000's.

Actual proof of such claims may be found by simply entering "tre makes hayabusa rider faster" on google.com and pushing the enter button with a white virgin unicorns 3rd born mares freakishly long horn during a full moon while it's snowing in westchester england on any 8th day of june between the times of 6:00:03 PM, and 6:00:12 PM. All times standard pacific slightly west of eastern. Obviously the searcher needs to adjust for cosmic drift, and earth wobbles.

What is a TRE indeed.[/QUOTE]

I KNEW IT!!! I tried to tell that to a friend of mine but he insisted it was a Timer Retardant Eliminator. Sheesh ... watta dumba$$.

Serious question. You mean all the TRE's I see for sell don't really change the redline and timing? Well that sucks a55.

Serious question. You mean all the TRE's I see for sell don't really change the redline and timing? Well that sucks a55.
No they don't. A "TRE" is just a 6.5k ohm resistor. Makes the bike think its in 5th gear all the time - there by removing the speed restriction on (later models). Has also been known to help with the low end stumble on some bikes...YMMV

No they don't. A "TRE" is just a 6.5k ohm resistor. Makes the bike think its in 5th gear all the time - there by removing the speed restriction on (later models). Has also been known to help with the low end stumble on some bikes...YMMV
Thanks Mac , thanks a lot . Burst the bubble why don't you . There are still magical and mystical things in this world !! S'pose there no Santa or tooth fairy either....Don't listen to him fellers .
biggrin.gif

You're all Dumazzez! A Tre is A) What the Easter Bunny puts the Dead Bunny Heads on to dry after boiling them in hot oil and coating them in Chocolate OR B) A mystical Device created on Uranus to double the speed capabilities of a 250 Ninja that is adaptable to the Suzuki Hayabusa which will net you 75 mph increased capabilities and an additional bonus of unlocking 53.9 hidden horsepower! DUH!

I though it stood for "Time Rewinding Element".
rock.gif

It makes the Busa appear faster because you get there before you left.
wink.gif

Serious question.  You mean all the TRE's I see for sell don't really change the redline and timing?  Well that sucks a55.
No they don't.  A "TRE" is just a 6.5k ohm resistor.  Makes the bike think its in 5th gear all the time - there by removing the speed restriction on (later models).  Has also been known to help with the low end stumble on some bikes...YMMV
Actually in an accidental manner it changes the timing just a bit..

not by design though I'm sure..

the numb nutz that invented it just wanted to make the bike think it was in 5th all the time so it wouldn't govern out at 186mph... supposedly..

anyway.. there is a slight timing retardation (or so it seems from all the info I've read) in first gear .. obviously if the bike thinks it's in 5th all the time it wouldn't be running a 1st gear map.. ever.. so it would have the timing "normal" instead of slightly retarded..

I dunno if it works.. never installed one... read enough to decide I wouldn't pay .50 for it.. let alone 80$

I don't know why people make fun of the TRE all the time. If it makes the bike a little smoother in first and second and stops it from cutting out why not? Everytime I see a post about the TRE someone almost always says "What's a tre??" jokingly. Please enlighten me.
bowdown.gif

Back