What is a good price for an '03?

Dealers cost is $9,288, Anniversary addidtiona and $100 less for not. I told the dealer that I felt $500 profit was enough and they went for it. The trick is to go to a town that is a cruiser town and not a sport bike town.

Ftliguordale, I bought the 40th and really like the color. not too many (color) around. I prefer the black frame especially if I decide to repaint..or...add the hayabusa 2 tone adding the black. that would be cool. black and orange. as far as it being a 40th who cares. 7 or 8 years the bike won't be worth poop anyway. I paid $10,000 out the door for mine and they weren't hurting for business. I know they made money. The salesguy showed me a cost sheet showing $9200 as their cost for the bike. I laughed and asked if he actually believed this. he turned around and talked to the salesmanager a minute and said they would take the $ 10,000 out the door I offered. I figure they pay $7500 to $8000 for them.

I live in Denver and there is a used 2002 busa up the street with 700 miles, D&D exhaust, custom paint (kinda cheesy though), and a few more extras they want $8000

I got mine for $9800 plus Tag and tax.. It was an '03 straight from the crate. I didn't try to haggle to much, they gave me a good deal on my parts. I can find the lowest price anywhere and they'll sell it to me for that. I think they have a silver grey 2002 left, and I think he said he would take $9200 for it.. Not sure though, but I can find out if anyone's interested...
idea.gif

Truckman, I agree that the black frame is REAL nice. That was a big issue that makes that anniversary model so nice... Unfortunately, the decision was made for me... the orange one was gone and I am the most impatient soul on earth so I rode out the door on the silver. I have still not busted through 5k RPM and I am grinning ear to ear. I rode my buddies RC51 with PCIII and Harris pipes immediately after getting off my Busa... felt like a BIG step down reagarding power.

That same buddy owns a body shop and will paint the whole bike for me... I have thought about a deep blue with that black frame you have on your orange. On problem I would have to dismantle the whole bike and have the frame done seperately because that is more of an annodized coating.. not just paint (or so it looks). That process terrifies me... something about taking a factory bike apart.. They have never feel the same afterwards. Or maybe that is my engineering

Thanks for the input! Good luck... that bike is awesome. And you will definitely get noticed. Probably a safer color as well!
rock.gif

CollBusa5454, I apparently did not get the best deal... or even close. But I will say that I looked around a lot. There are only 3 dealers around here with new Busas. I found the smaller dealer to be very customer friendly while the other two really ticked me off. I am not into the forcefull sales pitch or having kids that are 20 pull the spin. Ever notice how a majority of sales people just hapen to own the bike you are looking at?? . If forced, I will actually back off even after I am ready to buy.

For a few hundred extra dollars (and I guess this statement is relative depending on your wealth), I would rather have purchased it where I did. Not a wise financial thing, but I left very secure with my purchase and feeling good. I got the run around 2 years ago when I bought my GMC Yukon. I still get angry when I think about that experience. I almost strangled the finance person who would not take no for an answer!

Take care and good riding! I am in heaven...

Back