What is a an average "day" of riding for you?

How often and long do you ride?

• I ride daily

Votes: 54 36.0%
  • I ride weekly

Votes: 56 37.3%
  • I ride a couple times a month

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • Less than 1 hour a day

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Less than 2 hours a day

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • less than 3 hours a day

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • 4-6 hours a day

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • More than 6 hours a day (better be ready to back it up)

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am blessed with Calif weather and rural riding with lots of twisties going over Mt St. Helena 3 days a week for a 130 mile round tripper. I don't ride during rainy weather due to slicky stuff tumbling on the roads and tight corners...Just not worth the risk...drive home at night time since I work evenings at the hospital. Life is 200 percent better with Give top case and hard side bags to carry all of the paraphenalia with 2 temperature riding zones...Always in a great mood coming home and going to work after riding...love my bike...2hip

For pleasure a couple of times a month.

To work several times a week dependant on weather. (only 70 mile round trip)

I like to ride as often as I can, which this year seems to have been downsized a bit. My down time usually comes from setting the bike up for certain events and then setting it back up for street use. I'm faster riding it than working on it~!~ :laugh:

I can say however, that since last week my average riding speed through the weekend is close to 200 mph~!~

More to come on that tomorrow LOL

Due to new baby, etc, etc riding this year has been cut back a bit, but still like to play when the time counts~!~

I ride everyday that it isn't a monsoon or snowing. Luckily I have a woman in my life that loves to ride as much and often as I do, and as of yet we have not been blessed with children so I average about 5hrs a day when you split it up over all seven days. I have an hour commute to work so that's 2hours a day min tues-sat not counting all the other riding. My cage gets jealous sitting in the garage so much.:laugh:

I ride everyday that it isn't a monsoon or snowing. laugh:

I had to bust through the ice and snow in my back yard a few years ago to get the bike to the street~!!~ Solid enough on top you could walk across it and not sink in. Took the truck through to make a couple tire grooves and good to go~!~ :thumbsup:

We were doing a Marines Toys for Tots charity ride that day~!~

I ride on the weekends and a couple evenings a week when I dont have school. Id ride to work but I have a company vehicle, guess thats not a bad thing.

Too many choices brother...I went with I ride daily, but that is not correct. You know that I am a high mileage HO. I can ride everyday for a month with many of the days being 300-500 mile days...some might only be 100-200 with an occasional 800 miler. Then the next month I might only ride 1-3 times a week for only 100-300 miles in that week. Out here in California we can ride year 'round, so it varies through out the year depending on how much time I can get off and how the $$$ situation is :whistle:

Too many choices brother...I went with I ride daily, but that is not correct. You know that I am a high mileage HO. I can ride everyday for a month with many of the days being 300-500 mile days...some might only be 100-200 with an occasional 800 miler. Then the next month I might only ride 1-3 times a week for only 100-300 miles in that week. Out here in California we can ride year 'round, so it varies through out the year depending on how much time I can get off and how the $$$ situation is :whistle:
Rich we will just make polls for you with text boxes.. you can fill in your own questions and answers... I will then try to extrapolate the data to a pertinent poll.... At that point we will use one of the various polling options to break you out in to a demographic that might even further refine your answers. I will then issue the final results to my antiquated univac computer system we are resurrecting for the science fair..

:laugh:

Rich we will just make polls for you with text boxes.. you can fill in your own questions and answers... I will then try to extrapolate the data to a pertinent poll.... At that point we will use one of the various polling options to break you out in to a demographic that might even further refine your answers. I will then issue the final results to my antiquated univac computer system we are resurrecting for the science fair..

Well we all know that I am a anomaly...so adjust all future polls to allow for my participation :thumbsup:

:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

For 5 years my Busa has been daily transportation... my choice. I put 5000 a year on the car and 20K on the bike. If you live in SoCal you gotta take advantage of the weather. My commute is 50 miles one way. Add to that normal running around town, weekend rides and the rides to Deal's Gap, the mileage adds up.

I only ride on the weekends and just getting back in the saddle after my crash back in May, gone out the last three weekends and am averaging 280-300 miles per day. Feels so good!

When I'm home, I ride about 150 per day. During the day I ride my cruiser, at night the Busa.

Some days, I pick a spot( 100 to 200 miles away) on the map to ride there and back.

Back