What if I sell my Busa

What if I sell my Busa - (...and buy a car)

• Yes, sell it! Bikes are dangerous...

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • The Mazda rules, sell the bike!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The BMW rules, sell the bike!

• Are you crazy man!??? DON'T even think about it!!!

• Total voters

L4G4RT0

Registered
Well, I was wondering some weeks ago that my Busa is spending a BIG time stopped in the garage... It isn't parked near my house, and it's in a friend's garage, so this year I haven't ride it a lot... I really love that bike, but I would like to buy a Mazda MX-5 or a BMW Z3 (second hand), which I think would be much more useable these days...

Will I miss my bike too much?!?!? Can I keep on living without driving a bike? Well, if I'd have mo'money I'd have my Busa and my sports car... sure I would...

Will I be the same man after selling my Busa??

Just wondering...

Just a thought but the Miata (and I do not remember the source) was found to be the #1 Gay Male car in the USA.  
wow.gif

Not that it matters, but it is something to ponder.

My advice, because I love all motorized things and do a lot of reading...Buy the BMW, it's not the fastest, but it will retain it's value a whole lot better than a Miata.  Only thing is to be sure and get the 6 cylinder.  Otherwise every Civic, Neon, Miata, etc is going to be eating your lunch.  Better yet, sell the wife and kids and but an M Roadster.
thumbs-up.gif

I guess my feeling on the bike is that it is better to move on if your not riding it before things start to go wrong. Later down the road if you decide you made a mistake there are allways other Busa's out there. But don't keep the Busa locked in a dark garage all day every day, they need to be loved and exercised.

Rev

Don't do it... you will go through some serious mental withdraws that may need medical attention...
face7.gif

If you don't ride the busa much and need the money to get something else to pimp around in then go with the BMW. The resale is unbelievably good comapred to the Miata. Rev is right, get the six cylinder, 2.5, 2.8 or 3.0 I have driven the 1.8L four and its ok but nothing compared to the 6 cylinder version. I am a little biased since I have a 318ti, the bastard child hatchback of BMW's with the 4 cylinder and its ok but not in a sports car. I get my lunch eaten by Civics on a regular basis.

I just sold my busa, it is a blessing that the good Lord sold the bike for me, and I sold it to one of the nicest couples inside the blue marble. The bus has been gone three days and man I am already wanting another bike. I know it is better that I sold it, the good Lord knows best. I have sold a few bikes in my life and this is the only one that I can remeber missing after the fact. Again I know that the Lord Blessed me and it was time to sell the bike and Good Lord willing there will be another one. If you need to sell it or if you just don't ride it or what ever then sell it. But be ready to go get another one.

Miata? I don't know too much about the newer ones, but I hate them now. I helped a friend buy one five years ago. They are too small, have no storage space, I have to crawl out of it and, most of all, it is FAR too underpowered.

Get the M Roadster and just turbo the thing.

All depends on whether you really enjoy riding the bike or not. If you're not riding it, then i say sell it and get something you are really gonna use. I wouldn't have a bike if i wasn't gonna spend a lot of time on it. No need to pay insurance, taxes, and monthly payments on something just sitting in "someone" else's garage.

If you decide you miss it you can buy one later..As for cars i'ld go with the BMW.

Heck I sold my horse this year because I was spending so much time on the busa, that i wasn't riding the horse. So i asked myself why was I paying boarding fees on something i wasn't using?
rock.gif
???

Heck I sold my horse this year because I was spending so much time on the busa, that i wasn't riding the horse. So i asked myself why was I paying boarding fees on something i wasn't using?
rock.gif
???
now now dez... admit it.. you sold the ole' girl cuz she was a little low on "horse"power and saggin a bit to boot!

tee hee!
baaa.gif

if i sold mine i would buy another in less than a year... but i wouldn't sell mine.
L4G4RTO where are you from? if you are selling your busa, i might know someone interested in buying an used one.

Mine sits in the shop when I'm not riding it and I've never even considered selling it..........I'd rather chop off my arm......oh wait maybe not the arm......wouldn't be able to ride.

iamwithstupid.gif

Who's the poser that voted "sell it, bikes are dangerous"
rock.gif
?

I need more information about this please...

Why is the bike in someone Else's garage and not in yours?
Why aren't you out riding it? (other than weather)
How much did you ride it when you did ride it?
Why did you buy it in the first place?
smile.gif

are you sick man? if you do sell remember, the next time you pull up next to a squid on a 600 your toast
1zhelp.gif

I think you should keep it and buy an E30M3 the greatest street/track car ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of all worlds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88 E30M3
95 740IL
02 LE (soon)
firedevil.gif

I need more information about this please...

Why is the bike in someone Else's garage and not in yours?
Why aren't you out riding it? (other than weather)
How much did you ride it when you did ride it?
Why did you buy it in the first place?
smile.gif
and can you really see yourself happy after gettin rid of it?

This is interesting because I had a Z3 that I sold and got the Busa :)

Hmm, in hind sight though - should have kept the Z3 and had both :cool:

For the love of God, don't get a Miata, they are for women and donut punchers.

Just a thought but the Miata (and I do not remember the source) was found to be the #1 Gay Male car in the USA.  :eek:
Not that it matters, but it is something to ponder.

My advice, because I love all motorized things and do a lot of reading...Buy the BMW, it's not the fastest, but it will retain it's value a whole lot better than a Miata.  Only thing is to be sure and get the 6 cylinder.  Otherwise every Civic, Neon, Miata, etc is going to be eating your lunch.  Better yet, sell the wife and kids and but an M Roadster. :thumbsup:

I guess my feeling on the bike is that it is better to move on if your not riding it before things start to go wrong.  Later down the road if you decide you made a mistake there are allways other Busa's out there.  But don't keep the Busa locked in a dark garage all day every day, they need to be loved and exercised.

Rev
Oh no...my husband has a Miata! :eek:

Best handling little car I've ever been in though, but not so great for toting kids...

I'd better not tell the hubby about this little thread...things could get ugly!

... if only he had a busa! But like this he won't fool anyone...

I guess he should hide his car in the garage and NEVER let it out...

Damn! He loves that car...and his is fast...he actually wants to turn it in to a "Monster Miata"...make it faster, whatever...

I'll stop by and get a car cover today to save us from peering eyes!

:bounce:

Damn!  He loves that car...and his is fast...he actually wants to turn it in to a "Monster Miata"...make it faster, whatever...

I'll stop by and get a car cover today to save us from peering eyes!  

:bounce:
Well now the Moment he gets a V-8 under the hood, it will no longer be so Uh....Well, Darned Cute!!! :laugh:

Back