What HP you got? Gen II Stock & Bolt on's.

Dr151

Registered
Trying to keep it simple. What RWHP (hp to the ground) are you guys getting on the Gen II busa's? I've got a Brock pipe and PC3 street map. Alisyn <<0W Oil at the low fill line. 89 octane fuel.

My hp today was 170hp at the tire. I think this is low. Where are you guys coming in at?

:banghead:

Something sounds wrong about that. Do you have a full exhaust or just slip ons?

Brock Alien Head Full Exhaust, PC3 w/ Brock Street map. I'm trying to do what they are telling me, but I'm still coming up short.

Brock Alien Head Full Exhaust, PC3 w/ Brock Street map. I'm trying to do what they are telling me, but I'm still coming up short.

Who is telling you what? All dynos are different. Take it somewhere else maybe it will read higher, then you'll feel better.
:thumbsup:

Another dyno thread, here we go again.... :laugh:

Click my sig for basic info before/after mods... :whistle:

I'll look into it. I should have dyno'd before any mods.

The last time I ran it I only had 162hp, I changed fuel and oil and now I'm at 170hp. I was trying to run 115 octane and later found out that is a no no.

What really makes me sick, is that when spraying my 750 gixer, I was pulling 166hp at the RW.:40__s:

Every dyno will be different. Greg does a real good job on his. A stock Gen II should be pulling better than 170. I think in Gregs test the Brocks pipe gave 11 additional HP. So my expectation would be somewhere north of 180. There will always be questions on dynos from what I've read on here.

I understand that dyno's vary. I will need to look into another dyno. Best dyno in PA?

Earlier I refered to they, I had made a couple of call to Brock to get thier imput on what I may be doing wrong. They got me closer, but I'm still missing something.

Got-Busa?, I read your write up on the Texas mile, wow, good stuff. Looking at some of the mods that you did, I think that I am wanting to head the same direction. You refered to Tiger Racing, I actully met Guy at Maxton a few years back, very cool dude. He had given me an offer (for sale price) on the Tiger bike. Wish I had the money.

Here is mine.

dyno4.jpg

it's my 08 busa with intake, full tiforce, pc3, tune, and an unusually strong stock motor to start with. Strongest stock motor the busy tuner has come across, apparently they do vary from the factory. The bike is a handfull. Here is the stock dyno.

dyno1.jpg

Before afters should be done on the same day, same dyno, unless your tuner has a dyno that can keep the conditions in the dyno room the same and the bike pulls the same numbers on four seperate days to verify that. Yes, some bikes are stronger than others no matter what pipe you put on it. Until we did some testing I would have never believed it myself.

Don't beat your head over the wall with this stuff. How does it pull, sound and perform. The dyno stuff makes for interesting internet discussions but if you accomplished your goal better performance...then be happy.

I am in Maryland if you just want a few dyno pulls to see where you are at take a ride down. No BS "it is what it is"...enjoy.

Sumo Pipe and mapped. That's all? 208, that is nice.:thumbsup:

The tune is the most important part. If your tuner doesn't know what he's doing you'll never see good power and performance on the track... ;)

With all the talk about my numbers being high, I'm shocked it's not WW-III in here with his... :rofl:

it's my 08 busa with intake, full tiforce, pc3, tune, and an unusually strong stock motor to start with. Strongest stock motor the busy tuner has come across, apparently they do vary from the factory. The bike is a handfull. Here is the stock dyno.

Very nice but I hope you brought some new boots, it might get deep in here... :laugh:

Are you the same gentleman running 8's on stock wheelbase and motor...?

Last edited:
Back