What Helmet Do You Use Most?

I use to love my Arai's helmets but jump ship when I slipped on a schubert c3 pro at dealer show in Cleve, Oh and never LQQkED back.

http://www.schuberth.com

Intercom
Up to three motorcyclists can communicate simultaneously with the SRC-Systemâ„¢. Under ideal conditions the range is up to 700 metres.
Range of up to 700 metres depending on the terrain and visual contact
Automatic re-establishment of a connection when it is cut off
Automatic connection set-up by speaking
Automatic connection shut-down after 30 seconds silence, two-channel system for communication
Voice control (VOX)
The VOX (Voice Operated eXchange) technology permits voice-controlled operation
of main functions such as call recording and call acceptance.
Reliable operation using voice commands
Response sensitivity can be set individually

Phone + GPS
The connection between a mobile phone with Bluetooth capability and SRCS is extremely simple to set up. Incoming calls can be accepted with a voice command and using the keys of the SRC-System. This also applies for navigation devices with Bluetooth capability. After the SRC-System has been connected to the GPS device, the rider can receive the voice instructions conveniently over the two ear-phones.
Simple control possible by means of voice commands (VOX)

MP3
Most commonly available MP3 players can be connected to the SRC-System via the multifunctional USB interface. If the MP3 device supports Bluetooth A2DP technology, no cable is required.
Easy to connect thanks to USB
Simple control using the SRC-System's control keys
Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
The SRC-Systemâ„¢ adjusts the volume automatically according to the background noise.
Sensitivity can be configured individually with the software supplied

VHF radio
The integrated VHF radio now enables you to listen to your favourite station and important traffic announcements while you are travelling. The antenna which is already integrated into the C3 Pro as a standard feature guarantees top-quality reception at all times. Thanks to the RDS function the strongest signal for the selected frequency is always picked up, even at high speeds. You can store up to six radio stations.
RDS function for automatic station adjustment
User-defined programming possible with SRCS software
Traffic news can be received while travelling
High-speed selection of the six strongest radio channels in the vicinity at the press of a button
Software update
Always keep up to date. The latest version of the SRC-System is always available to you as a download. If you register your SRC-System, you will be informed by email as soon as a software update is available.

SRC-Systemâ„¢-C3Pro/S2-Software * (EXE, 7,3MB)
*Microsoft® Windows® platform required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of ours are Icon and we have the models, Mainframe, Alliance, and I just added an Airmada. Also have a couple HJC CL15's that don't get much use.

I use honda cleaner polish to clean the faceshields, if it looks like rain I will put rainX on.
Just don't use an ammonia or alcohol based cleaner on mirrored shields, (I learned the hard way).

45d91aaf-02ce-45a5-934e-0c7848fc1ff8.jpg

Good to see I'm not the only helmet hoarder on the board! I just pre-ordered another new Variant. I never use to like Icon helmets but they have made a big step up in quality in the last couple years. I love my Variants. Too bad the new one won't be here until April!

http://www.mxalliance.co.za

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the Gmax helmet because it was the only one that I found that was pearl white. But found a brand new in the box, never worn (discontinued) Icon Hayabusa Airframe helmet for cheap on Ebay. Fits a little snug, but easily 40% lighter than the GMax.
2009-icon-airframe-hayabusa-helmet.jpg

Arai Quantum E Raptor in blue, AGV Biaggi replica, Icon Aliiance Dark, Icon Airmada Elemental. I just picked up the Icons over the winter since the Arai and AGV are really too old to wear now. I am impressed with the Icons. No, they don't have the same plush factor as the Shoei and Arai helmets I have had in years past but they are very good lids for the price.

Did some, let's say, "faster than speed limit" riding yesterday with my new Icon helmet. There is almost no wind noise compared to my old Gmax, and a lot less head shake. I also put on a Zero Gravity DB too, but I wasn't tucking. (First real ride with new helmet)

Back