What heated handgrips?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I was using Hotgrips on my VFR. What heated handgrips are recommended for the Busa? I just ordered some Helibars.

I was using Hotgrips on my VFR. What heated handgrips are recommended for the Busa? I just ordered some Helibars.

Busaman- You are familiar with HotGrips, I have a set of those in stock if you needed them.
Model 401 - kit - for 7/8" Handlebars The $69.95 is more expensive than the stick-on ones, but they get hotter and work much better under 50 degrees.

119_large_image.jpg

I also have some of the Moose Racing heated grips in stock. It's the element that you stick onto the grip, and then slide your grip back on. Couple years back, I did how to thread on how to install them. That link is here. Pics show the symtec brand, but basically the same thing.

snbgripkit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a busa site, but it's worth mentioning I mail these out almost daily for anyone with a cruiser the Symtec Heat Demons grip heaters. Symtec came out with these about a year ago, they slide inside the bar (busa is solid), and you need a metal (vs aluminum) handlebar for them to conduct heat effectively.

heatdemons_1_800_elements.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Busaman- You are familiar with HotGrips, I have a set of those in stock if you needed them.
Model 401 - kit - for 7/8" Handlebars The $69.95 is more expensive than the stick-on ones, but they get hotter and work much better under 50 degrees.

View attachment 114575

Thanks pashnit. I really enjoyed my hotgrips and would have no issues with buying a set for the busa. So I assume you work for hotgrips?

Will that set work well with the Helibars?

The Oxford Overgrips are another great option. They wrap and strap around your existing grip and plug into a quick connector that you pre-wire. They can be installed or removed in under a minute.

With the weather changing so erratically here in Fall,............it's the best choice for me. There is nothing permanant on the bike other than the wiring and quick connectors,............which can be mounted out of plan view. Good luck with your choice!!

i have had hot grips for a little over 5 yrs. give or take and they make a huge difference. well worth it inmho. i had to dremel the plastic throttle to get her not to stick if i recall. i'm sure that problem has been fixed with the new ones on the market.

Back