What Heat Resistant Wrap Fuel Lines?

Turbo Bob

Registered
What are you guys using to wrap the fuel lines to help prevent vapor lock? I just got a turbo and none of the lines are wrapped.

Southern Illinois is kinda large, you skeered to tell us where you live?:rolleyes:
It is large, but sparsely populated. I'm not hard to find, ask Billy.... :poke:
I have no reason to make all my personal information publically available on the web, so I provide just what I feel is necessary.

"Just outside Yosemite" is also appropriately vague...

But I don’t actually live in a town, Coarsegold is the town down the road and for mailing purposes, Coarsegold is what my address says and I suppose I’m within the town’s geographical limits but no one knows where Coarsegold is so just outside YNP is pretty descriptive, unlike 559, the area code. And no one said you have to list “all your personal information”. :D

Are you using rubber lines?
I switched to steel braided and couldnt be happier. Prior to this i never had any vapor lock issues and i live in Arizona. Just make sure the fuel pump is located in the swingarm area. Under the tank sucks

But I don’t actually live in a town, Coarsegold is the town down the road and for mailing purposes, Coarsegold is what my address says and I suppose I’m within the town’s geographical limits but no one knows where Coarsegold is so just outside YNP is pretty descriptive, unlike 559, the area code. And no one said you have to list “all your personal information”. :D
I consider the area code sufficient information.
Back to the topic at hand, I've never suffered vapor lock and it gets hot here, but I have braided lines.

Mine are rubber right now but I haven't started making any changes yet until I take down to Florida with me in a couple of weeks where I can start working on it, I haven't even ridden the bike yet!

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for and cheaper than switching to stainless lines.

Stainless lines aren’t a good idea on a bike. With all the vibration the rub holes in everything they touch.

it’s not the fuel lines that cause vapor lock. It’s the filters and pumps that cause fuel to flash boil because they’re usually metal.

who’s kit do you have? Remote mount fuel pumps are your best bet.

Stainless lines aren’t a good idea on a bike. With all the vibration the rub holes in everything they touch.

it’s not the fuel lines that cause vapor lock. It’s the filters and pumps that cause fuel to flash boil because they’re usually metal.

who’s kit do you have? Remote mount fuel pumps are your best bet.
I bought the bike from Trainer Dave from this org and was under the assumption it was an RCC kit. Frank was the last one that did some work on the bike but now I find out that it appears the header is a Velocity. Frank installed a RCC Ultra Plenum and tuned it and fixed some things that weren't right. When I get the bike down to Florida I will sort things out and get the pump moved to the rear along with some other issues I have found. Some people just are not as up front as you would like. The rest of the bike is fine as has a lot of expensive parts so I'm not disappointed in the purchase at all and I got a great price. You can see the pictures of his header and turbo set up on his classified ad on this forum.

Last edited:
I bought the bike from Trainer Dave from this org and was under the assumption it was an RCC kit. Frank was the last one that did some work on the bike but now I find out that it appears the header is a Velocity. Frank installed a RCC Ultra Plenum and tuned it and fixed some things that weren't right. When I get the bike down to Florida I will sort things out and get the pump moved to the rear along with some other issues I have found. Some people just are not as up front as you would like. The rest of the bike is fine as has a lot of expensive parts so I'm not disappointed in the purchase at all and I got a great price. You can see the pictures of his header and turbo set up on his classified ad on this forum.
Oh okay. I reread the add and yeah it’s a bit muddy on the description. Rcc “ultra” is the designation for being intercooled, not nessesarly being a whole complete rcc kit. But he’s posted several times in threads that his turbo was from velocity.

Dead giveaway that it is a velocity turbo and header is the slash cut dump pipes. I can also tell by the flange that’s on the header, and the blue wastegate. Historically velocity sold gt28s or gt30s. Rcc no so much unless special order. They jump from the 50 trim right to the 35r.

Back