what heat range do u run in plugs

bradsbusa

Registered
lets get equall first , marble mod ,,yoshi slip on , stock filter, tre, seams to run rich ,, whicplugs do u run anyboy, go up or down heat range, or stay with stock range which is a cr9e, im pull plugs today may go to a cr8e to lean out atouch, all depennds on what plugs tell me when i pull them out 7500 miles on a 06

052307_19401.jpg

Just my opinion but with your mods I would not correct the A/F by changing to a different plug.
I feel that you should get an BMC or K+N air filter and with the K+N just barely coat the filter with filter oil.
I think that would be a better alternative for your fix and you would get alittle more power out of the filter change instead of the plug change.
Lightly oiled K+N would pass more air than the stock.The thing is with K+N you have to control yourself and not oil it too much and occasionally just take it out and blow it with air hose from inside to utside of filter.Then light oil.It will flow more air than stock.
I have same mods as you and my bike ran rich until I changed to K+N and then it leaned out good but still just a smigen rich so,I shortened my exhaust cans 5''inches and the A/F is perfect as far as I can tell.I shortened the cans for looks with the understanding that it might flow better and boy did it ever.
These shortened cans are freeking badass they are viscious and sound deep deep mean especially when on the throttle they sound silmilar to a Vtwin only more insync sound(thrust sound) but even better because it accelerates faster than a vtwin while making that badazz sound.
I like the dual look.

(Johnnycheese @ May 27 2007,20:10) only ngk cr9e on all my busas motor I build
i agree pulled old plugs they were good slight rich put same back in and did small air box mod now there even better

It's what I just replaced the originals with. The manual gives you three choices based on what the removed plugs look like.

Marble mod= cheapest way to do a PAIR block-off. dont wana pay for the plates? -just get some marbles
all_coholic.gif
just make sure your kid aint lookin when you take-em...hate for them to go back n snatch'em out
wow.gif

You put MARBLES in your engine? Oh come on, now thats just beyond ghetto auto repair.

You had enough money for all that chrome but you couldnt spare a little for actual block off plates?

Back