What happens when you get caught over 150mph?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Any experience out there?

So far I have only had one on the Busa, 80 in a 65 and the officers cheated, I was doing around 70 staying in traffick with semi-'s doing the same speed.

They had one guy with a lazer on a bridge overpass and eight cars pulling people over. I later learned that they wrote over 60 tickets in a couple of hours.

Im pretty sure that depends on the state. Here in canada you would probably go to jail. I was caught last season with 42 km/h over speedlimit and if the cop would have gone by the law my fine would have been 2000 dollars, 1 week impound and 4 points. And that was already considered "excessive speeding". BTW it was on a 4 lane highway 80 km/h zone and i was going 122 km/h.

up here over 50 Kph or a touch under 32 mph is called stunting fine of up to but almost guarenteed $10,000. impound your bike at something obscene per minute, automatic lic suspension I think for 30 days but may be 7, I think 7 points and a very unpleasant few days until they set bail

lmfao. I don't stop. But if I happened to stop someone doing that, I'd probably high five them. They would definately drive away without a ticket. I'd be impressed. Probably ask them why in the hell they stopped.
lol... u guys have no cameras in the cop car or body cams?

165 mph in a 60 mph zone in March 2005.
Free ride to jail. About 3000 dollars in Attorney fee's. 1 week in jail at a later date.
1000 fine, but attorney kept it all off my records.

So you actually went to jail for that? or did it get dropped?

lol... u guys have no cameras in the cop car or body cams?
Nope. Nothing. We barely have cruisers. Even so max speed on a Ford Explorer is 120. lol The crown vics could do 133. Of course it would take 15 years to get there but.....

Ma State Police don't chase bikes either. They may throw on the lights, but they don't actively try. New Hampshire will give it a try in their Chargers, but again too slow.

Yes I went to jail , and was bonded out within 12 hours or so . 3 months later after a few court appearances
it was class C ( I think ) reckless driving . 1000 fine , and 7 days jail time . Left court room for a lovely county jail vacation . Running in Texas like many other states is a Felony .
Been stopped a few more times over the years for 100 plus mph ( 140 in a 60 , and 97 in a 60 ) just got a ticket . One was $395 USD , and the other $275 . However those two were in the country a long way from anything . The State troopers were both riders , and didn't even raise a fuss about it . Of course when I saw them I pulled over before they even got on the road to light me up .
Last year on Hwy 71 after taking the LONG way home from a 500 mile day I was cresting a hill @ 95 in a 75 mph zone . Saw him , and pulled over in front of him . He was angled shooting radar . He gave me a crazy look , and waved me away .

Yes I went to jail , and was bonded out within 12 hours or so . 3 months later after a few court appearances
it was class C ( I think ) reckless driving . 1000 fine , and 7 days jail time . Left court room for a lovely county jail vacation . Running in Texas like many other states is a Felony .
Been stopped a few more times over the years for 100 plus mph ( 140 in a 60 , and 97 in a 60 ) just got a ticket . One was $395 USD , and the other $275 . However those two were in the country a long way from anything . The State troopers were both riders , and didn't even raise a fuss about it . Of course when I saw them I pulled over before they even got on the road to light me up .
Last year on Hwy 71 after taking the LONG way home from a 500 mile day I was cresting a hill @ 95 in a 75 mph zone . Saw him , and pulled over in front of him . He was angled shooting radar . He gave me a crazy look , and waved me away .
lol.... 7 days????????? jesus….

I think his name here was OverEasy. He got 167 . He talked with me about fighting it. I suggested he get an attorney.

Cost him 4K, force sale of bike, and loss of endorsement on license.

That was a good outcome. He was facing some time otherwise

Last edited:
up here over 50 Kph or a touch under 32 mph is called stunting fine of up to but almost guarenteed $10,000. impound your bike at something obscene per minute, automatic lic suspension I think for 30 days but may be 7, I think 7 points and a very unpleasant few days until they set bail

Yep, street racing they all it. 7 day suspension and impoundment, max fine of $10 k (but rarely reaches that) up to 1 yr license suspension (rarely reaches that either). The law makers know it will be the insurance rate which will get you in the end. There are big signs along the hiway stating the fines for 50 kms/hr over posted limit intended to strike fear into people.

Back