What happens when the cam chain breaks @ 130 MPH...

well we are all back together. tomorrow night i will be putting it back in the bike and hopefully saturday/sunday i will get it fired up and start the break-in process.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Be sure to check that it shifts thru all the gears first. Someone I know near me did their motor themselves and got completely done, no shifting that night. bike showed up next day here with a note attached, call me when done....

LOL - not my first bottom end assembly.. had 2nd recut 4 years ago. that was my first time splitting the cases. never had a problem with the reassembly.

***Update***

All is well again - had to send the block back to FBG - little too much clearance between the pistons and block but has been resolved with a new block. Motor has been reassembled and warmed it up last night. Tomorrow we are going to load up and haul it to the dyno shop and make a few rounds. Hopefully will see some good numbers.

Congrats man, glad to hear it.. Remember in any motor build check and spec everything twice... people overlook stuff, you always check too... Call me if any questions

***Update***

All is well again - had to send the block back to FBG - little too much clearance between the pistons and block but has been resolved with a new block. Motor has been reassembled and warmed it up last night. Tomorrow we are going to load up and haul it to the dyno shop and make a few rounds. Hopefully will see some good numbers.

After a long weekend, the results are in.

201 @ the dyno running 12:1 AFR (all with ECU Editor!!! - the PC5 i had (brand new) died on the dyno...). On the track, it did 9.70 @ 144.99 @ 14:1 AFR (need to add a bit more fuel!) but I am finally back and running. Also got my licensing done for my 9.99-7.50 seconds on the bike.

12:1 on dyno then 14:1 on track... glad to hear your back at it... get that beast some fuel on the track...call me if you need me..

oh yeah already workin on that... got 3 days of track time this weekend. hoping to see some good numbers. ive addin more fuel in. i knew i was taking too much fuel out at the dyno shop....

Great. Back up to 100%. Best run was .006 rt , dialed 9.57, ran 9.570!

Air wasn't great either so she's got 9.40's in her.

In Vegas until the end of next week for work and only 1 more race this year.

Also hitting 145mph in the 1/4. Pulls real strong all the way and gets into 6th by the top end.

It has to need more tuning or is it a monster to ride and you relearning it?

More tuning - yes

Need to loose weight - yes (~300 before the suit)

Thinking about regearing it back a little too.
The air here is usually 3000-4500. Makes a big diff on the track.

oh wow, we both big boys.. the air is killing you up there for sure.. what's your a/f down track once throttle locked?

you can pm me if you want , i'll help anyway i can..

yeah gearing helps

More tuning - yes

Need to loose weight - yes (~300 before the suit)

Thinking about regearing it back a little too.
The air here is usually 3000-4500. Makes a big diff on the track.

I will post the log graphs when I get home next weekend that wil paint the entire picture. 13-13.3 across the board for the most part

Back