What happens when the cam chain breaks @ 130 MPH...

I have never herad of this.... The crank is balanced and the rods are a match set as should the pistons be....

Jay - any input on this?

icemansid said:
I have never herad of this.... The crank is balanced and the rods are a match set as should the pistons be....

Jay - any input on this?

I know when I built my 450 motor my crank was balanced to a certain weight piston. I know it's not the same engine. But if you are changing the size and weight of your pistons it should still apply in this situation as well.

I may be wrong. And if I am I apologize. But it is worth looking into.

Well head is coming apart now and here is the intake side for visuals of what happened.. No I'm not tilting it for effect :laugh:

5 of the 8 guides are broken on intake side

Exhaust side im pulling now..

IMAG1344.jpg

How bad are the Guides Danial?

Make sure while its apart, that you get a output shaft seal and a clutch push rod seal!

Exhaust Valves all Bent Also

No Broken Guides on exhaust side but show some stress though... the oil seals showed some wear.. how often did you do oil changes?

Ice man pm me a number to call you and we can make a decision.. I might can ship you something out today

IMAG1346.jpg

***Update***

Head is on its way home from GoldenChild! went with a carpenter head with a heavy cam setup.
Crank will be on its way from APE! everything checked out great there!
FBG block here on Monday
Hays convertible clutch here sometime next week as well!

All arrive okay? I'm always worried when I ship heads but I think it was packaged well enough.. cams cam also in other box correct, and you have specs to set them at..any questions call or email when cranks back..

All arrived ok! i see what you mean by cam sensor.... complete fail on my end. Thanks for the replacement.

you will defiantly be hearing from me after the crank arrives!

Well things are starting to come back together. Last evening, i got the head on, cams in and the first one dialed in. With GoldenChild's help, i got a crash course in setting cam degree.... Intake dialed in at 111 deg. tonight I will be getting the exhaust side set in as well. Pics to come.

Back