What happens on the 600 mile service?

Lyrikz

Registered
Like the topic says... I have 600 miles and one dealer is charging 225 bucks, the other is charging 85 bucks.. What should i have done on the 600 mile service and why are those two dealers so different?

Heres what i think should be done.
1) sync carbs-- What do they actually do to SYNC the carbs?
2) oil/filter
3) check torque specs.
4) adjust and lube chain
5) should the do the plus at 600
rock.gif

Anybody??? little help.

Sync the carbs???

I personally wouldn't let the dealer touch the bike unless you think something's wrong with the bike. Other than checking for loose nuts/bolts, changing the oil/filter, & adjusting the chain, it would be just another dealer raping.

Honestly, the last busa owner I knew to have the 600 mile service done came away wondering what all the fu$$ was about not to mention a new oil leak from the drain plug.
mad.gif

It's always fun to put a little white dot on the oil filter to see if they change it. I believe you need to let them do the 600 mile service so as to not void the warranty.

Also, just to check all the torque specs (if they do it right) - you need the special Suzuki tools. Check the manual for all the places your suppose to check - there are pictures off all of them.

I agree with Let er eat about letting your dealer do the first 600 mile maintenance tune up. For future reference in your owners manual there is a table displaying everything that is done at the 600/4000/7500 etc. Hope this helps.

Don't get me started. This is old news folks. You can do all of it yourself and so long as you keep records you will not void the warranty.

Sync the carbs, yeah right. They never do that becuase they never need to (nor do they even check or care). They just like to imply that they might and charge accordingly. Not that you never need to sync your carbs - in fact if your bike runs poorly I would have it done (or do it yourself if you have a carb sync set) - it makes a big difference.

Just saying in general if you have tools and any mechanical ability or the desire to learn, work on your bike yourself. No cheesy dealer mechanic is toughing my bike unless I have no choice. An we all know the truth in the matter is the first service is an over priced oil/filter change and a "look see". No spank you (smile).

Oh, and if you want to know what a carb sync job is, it entails attaching vacuum lines from each throttle body to a special gage that measures the flow of each one to be sure that they are equal - hence synced with each other - if not they must be adjusted until they are equal. And yes your bike will run better if they are synced correctly.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080768082 -->

Don't get me started. This is old news folks. You can do all of it yourself and so long as you keep records you will not void the warranty.

Sync the carbs, yeah right. They never do that becuase they never need to (nor do they even check or care). They just like to imply that they might and charge accordingly. Not that you never need to sync your carbs - in fact if your bike runs poorly I would have it done (or do it yourself if you have a carb sync set) - it makes a big difference.

Just saying in general if you have tools and any mechanical ability or the desire to learn, work on your bike yourself. No cheesy dealer mechanic is toughing my bike unless I have no choice. An we all know the truth in the matter is the first service is an over priced oil/filter change and a "look see". No spank you (smile).
Now, how do you know this for sure?? I dont want to do this myself, then come to find out when i have a problem, that your just some dude on the internet who thinks he knows cause he talked to a buddy, who talked to a buddy.. ya know... I dont know if its worth it or not.. I figured id just suck up the first one and have them do it... They have to sync the throttle bodies.. I dont know what the fug that means, but the rest is just basic stuff.... This is the one and only time another person will ever work on my bike.. ever...its just not worth risking this one service you know...

Unless you can tell me, or show me some sort of proof about it..

I have spoken to my dealer and he advised me that so long as I kept records my warranty was safe.

Oh and I added to the post what a sync job is.

Not trying to act like a know it all as I am not in the least. If you feel sqeumish about all of this, be safe and let the dealer perform the first service. But you really do not need to so long as you perfrom it all yourself and keep records and receipts for oil/filters etc.

Eric

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080768455 -->

I have spoken to my dealer and he advised me that so long as I kept records my warranty was safe.

Oh and I added to the post what a sync job is.

Not trying to act like a know it all as I am not in the least. If you feel sqeumish about all of this, be safe and let the dealer perform the first service. But you really do not need to so long as you perfrom it all yourself and keep records and receipts for oil/filters etc.

Eric
Ok, ya, i didnt mean to come off like a bobo.. Just worried a bit.. I work on ALL my own stuff.. This is new to me... I dont want to be one of those anal retentive customers, but i dont want people on my bike, near my bike. i dont want them touching the bike... I go as far as everytime i ride, i wipe the exhaust down with alcohol so i dont get any funny burn lines. ahaha...

So, im paranoid at the least ya know.... I obviously cant do the sync myself, but my bike rides like a bat outta hell right now, so why screw with it right?? I think im going to let them do it.. 85 bucks compared to 25 just for piece of mind.. i think ill pay it.. if they so much as leave a finger print on the bike im going to fuckin FREAK THE poop OUT> ahahha.

No problem. Makes sense.

And trust me if I thought I needed my throttle boddies synced I would probably not do it myself either, so maybe I am a hypocrate (spelling?). lol

I leave the big stuff to those with the correct tools for the job.

Back