What happened to Suomy helmets?

mysticblu999

Registered
They don't have the Extreme or Spec1Rs anymore. :banghead:They only offer the Vandel and Excel now. They even have some of the old Extreme graphics on the cheaper Vandel helmet. I'm sad. I even miss their old website. You could actually see the helmets and not have to download a PDF file. The thing I miss most is the music. "SUOMY! passion is life!" I would really love to have the MP3 of that.:please: Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

What do we have to choose from for high end helmets now? Arai and Shoei, are the first that come to mind. Anything else I should check out?

Helmets are like tennis shoes. They change constantly. Buy the style you want as next year, it won't be around. If it's discontinued, only options is start seeing if some dealer has one on the shelf. Takes 1-2 years for stock to go away.

Constantly changing industry, we tried selling helmets way back and that's a tough business.

Suomy never seemed to catch on in the US, but I think they are more popular in Europe and probably still sell the SPEC 1R there....

I don't see the helmet in their Europe site either guess it's you have to go head hunting :poke: :laugh:

I guess this means my Spec 1R is now a classic and therefore worth more!

Check into the Bell Star, HJC RPS-10, OGK's if you can find them.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a 2-3 year old X-11!!!

Agv also worth your time...

Helmet shop still has them :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

659::11 Are you sure you want that lid :laugh:

My bad some of them are 719.

th_suicide.gif

th_suicide.gif

I have a Bell Star and it's a great helmet, the air flow is better than any helmet I've ever worn. It's also extemely stable at high speed, even when turning your head. I have the sheild that changes from clear to tinted in sunlight and it's excellent, no more changing sheilds when the sun goes down.
I've been wearing Shoei's for about a dozen years too(still love them).
I wear a large Shoei, but had to exchange my large Bell for a medium.
I am going to get smaller cheek pads for it though, as they are still a little tight after wearing the Star for a few months.
The Star I have is the carbon fiber, and it weighs within an ounce of my Shoei. I was hoping for it to be a little lighter, but everything else about it is so good I can't complain.
It's definately worth trying on.
Revzilla is a great place to buy gear from, if it doesn't fit send it back for a refund or exchange, no hassles.

Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check all those out. Think I'm going to order one of those before they get gone. My buddy is a parts unlimited dealer so I will get it at cost. Dont want to spend $700 on a lid.

Back