what happened to Mikeyusf?

busahigg

Registered
I just noticed that posts by Mikeyusf are reading Guest and unregistered.....did he get kicked off? I hope not, man I'm gonna miss that guy if he did....and if he did, why?

Well Higg,

I don't personally know what happened to him but he was thoroughly bashed about the comments he made on the post regarding volunteering for the war if you had to. IMHO, he had some valid points, but he shouldn't have been bashed as much as he did for stating his opinion. I saw another post where they were taking collections to pay for his move to Canada. Sometimes it seems as though posting could cause some ill-feelings, especially regarding this war. I chose to stay neutral for that particular reason. Some, or most people probably don't want to hear what I have to say on the subject.

Brian

Weirdos my friend, you spelled it wrong.
tounge.gif

Right on Brian. I choose to mostly avoid the forums that could get me in trouble. I like everyone here and wanna keep it that way.

I think he may have had some problems getting on under his regular screen name...As for the bashing, I really think he left himself open and became an avenue for members to vent toward...Mike said some IMO radical things...He also made some valid points and he used some strong language...I simply believe that members just responded to his statements, therefore, no harm no foul...Mike doesn't want to face the fact that there is a price to be paid for everything...I'll never be flithy rich but at the same I'll never run from the flithy rich...If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything...

Right on Brian. I choose to mostly avoid the forums that could get me in trouble. I like everyone here and wanna keep it that way.
There is always a risk when you talk about sensitive subjects. But if you never cross that line, you limit the true depth of friendships. (Keep an eye on my spelling Higgy.) When I comment on these subjects i just keep two priorities:

1. Always listen first, and try to understand where others are coming from. That's why Mikey didn't bother me too much. And,
2. Never be critical or negative about someone elses opinion.
People just have to decide how well they want to be known and well they want to know others.

Now religion is a subject that I would probably bow out of. On that subject, too many people speak with blind emotion. Even when people agree, those discussions usually go downhill fast.

Hmmmmmm I don't think anyone has ever gotten banned for expressing an opinion. Hopefully mikey will be back posting soon.

weird·o

n. Slang pl. weird·oes
1. A person regarded as being very strange or eccentric.
2. A deranged, potentially dangerous person.
rock.gif

Well this is how it all came to pass. A little Corona, some idle time surfing the message board and a little temper caused mikeyusf to disappear. No it wasnt me but one of the admins. We worked last night and was able to reverse the deletion. I sent mikeyusf an email to let him know that he was back up, this is what I received via email.

Dustin, I appreciate the email, I tried to post today and I got the message "You're posting privaledges have been removed"

please forward this to captain-

It's funny how this happened. People asked for my opinions on certain subjects. I gave them my honest true feelings about subjects, and because my views were different, I was banned from your message board. I've met people from the message board, I've shared tips, helped other members with their bikes, and contributed positively to the board. It's helped me dramatically with my bike, and I appreciate what I've gotten out of it.

But whats funny is that when it came to my views on politics and war, people screamed at me that this is a "free country", and our "freedoms" must be protected at all costs. Freedom of Speech right? You're free to say what you'd like? But at the cost of being personally attacked, physically threatened and hurt, ridiculed, your personal credibility trashed, your message censored and your views oppressed by anyone who dissagrees and has the power to silence you. If your message board is a microcosm of real life, we're no different than Cuba or Iraq.

For instance, I made a statement a few months back that politicians have a tremendous incentive to start wars. That politicians and decision makers should be grilled thoroughly to determine that their decision should be in the best interest of the American People, not their own pocket books. People laughed at me, called me names, and I didnt have to look hard to prove my point. %#^* Cheney is going to make tens of millions of dollars from this war, read these stories for yourself-

http://biz.yahoo.com/n/h/hal.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/030323/energy_halliburton_2.html

I'm done with this message board. I dont want any part of it anymore. Dont restore my account, dont undo anything that hasnt already been done. Thank the person who banned me for giving your message board community a harsh lesson about living in a "free country".

You're voice will be silenced at all costs if different from those in power. It could be something as simple as banning a member with opposing views from an internet discussion group, or putting a bullet through his head.

Best of luck,

Mike Phillips
[/QUOTE]

With all that said and done mikeyusf you still don't get it, you think that you have a right to free speech on this board, you are sadly mistaken. You receive the freedom that I provide, granted I seldom to never edit members post (you were actually the first member to ever be banned). It's actually not much differnet that the freedoms that you have in the United States, you expect that everyone should hand you the freedoms that you enjoy without a cost. The great thing about the freedom that we enjoy is supreme justice, in this case the justice that I deliver. Not because I think that you would come back and not that I want you back but for principal behind the situation, consider yourself banned again.( wow twice in two days ). Remember that in this great country you have the privilege of frequenting the Internet and sites like this and I have the freedom to tell you goodbye.

Hey mikeyusf,,,,,,,,,, Goodbye

Doug King
aka Captain

Well that's too bad.  I have much to say on this subject but I'll leave it alone.  

And he is actually the second member to get banned.  Remember the guy who wanted the ladies of Busa.org to do some crazy stuff or whatever the heck he was talking about.

Wasn't his name HayabusaKicksAss?

Hhmmm. I think he pissed the owner off and that was that. I guess we do take it for granted that the Captain provides this space for us. I would like to say "THANK YOU, CAPTAIN". I guess this thread makes me realize that sometimes I take it for granted that I have access here. My views on wether you should have banned Mike or not are irrelevent because it is your house and your rules. Let us not forget.

(edit: Oh yeah, that was not intended to sound passive agressive, so do't take it that way, just my stream of mind style of writing)

Man, Cap's not gonna kick you off. Relax. And by the way, I told my wife your qoute about God and your allotted time here on earth last evening. She didn't laugh.

Hhmmm. I think he pissed the owner off and that was that. I guess we do take it for granted that the Captain provides this space for us. I would like to say "THANK YOU, CAPTAIN". I guess this thread makes me realize that sometimes I take it for granted that I have access here. My views on wether you should have banned Mike or not are irrelevent because it is your house and your rules. Let us not forget.

(edit: Oh yeah, that was not intended to sound passive agressive, so do't take it that way, just my stream of mind style of writing)
Hmm, great point. This is not our site. We do not pay for it. We are only here because Captain had the interest and generosity to build this machine and let us use it. I never forget that. However, if anyone is interested in "opinions", I do have one. I do not think that Mikey broke any of the board rules. As far as I know, he wasn't warned about certain behavior that he refused to curtail. He was attacked more than he attacked. Yes, his opinion was different from mine, and yes he appeared to have thin skin, got offended quickly, and overreacted. But I respected him for his opinions, and I can personally think of a couple of people (we all can name at least one) who were extremely antagonistic, offensive, derrogatory, required warnings, etc...and I don't think they were banned.

Of course I don't claim to see the whole picture. There may have been more to the story than I am aware of. My views are also irrelevent, but from what I know, I am sad that he was banned.

However, that is life in the big city. With all that money he claims to have, he could start up his own board.
wink.gif

Thinker62 if your speaking of me I don't think I attacked him at all. I kept to the subject. I didn't insult what he does for a living as he did me. I also offered to buy him a beer.

I understand that we disagreed and that was that as far as I am concerned "is what it is" he was otherwise a good guy and I told him the first beer was on me at Laguna Seca. Sorry this got as far as it did. He shouldn't have attacked Capt and he would be here. It had little to do with his point of view.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

trust me this was the first "Banning" and hayabusakickme or whatever his screen name was never banned, he just never came back. To tell you the truth mikey was never banned, just deleted then restored, he chose to not come back too. I just added a little drama to the storyline. I wanted to make a point.

Captain

Back